PDA

View Full Version : Beta patch 1.003 available

Shadow
10-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Beta patch 1.003 is now available on the patch page (http://www.soldak.com/content/blogcategory/32/71/). Changes can be seen here (http://www.soldak.com/content/view/173/71/).

AnalogKid
10-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Seems like a good list of changes, but I have a question about the AI not buying guards when under attack? Why not?

Is the problem that it takes them too long, so they stand around next to the vendor instead of defending their lifestone?

Because I pretty much guarantee that if anyone attacks me before I have all 4 guards, or if some of my guards die during the attack, then I go ahead and take the time to run over and buy more. It seems like the AI should do likewise (or at least sometimes do so), no?

Kruztee
10-19-2007, 08:34 AM
increased chance that a dead town NPC resurrects each chance

Not sure that I'm a big fan of this although I realise that it will keep a lot of people happy. I think that the guilds should be punished for letting a key town member die. Hopefully this does not mean that they will spawn right away.

Shadow
10-19-2007, 10:01 AM
The ai not buying guards while being attacked should make them a little bit smarter than they are now. Yes, ultimately they would be even smarter if they could make a intelligent decision about whether another guard is worth a run to the beastmaster.

As for the NPCs resurrecting, it was only a relatively small increase. It should be faster, but you still do pay a penalty for letting the town NPCs die.

Kruztee
11-20-2007, 11:08 AM
For what it's worth, after playing 1.03 for quite some time, I think that town NPCs are resurrected too quickly. There's no great feeling of loss for me when they are killed. Usually less than 5 minutes is all it takes for them to respawn.

I know that many players (probably a majority) will be in favour of the faster respawns, and it's not fundamentally breaking the game for me, but as a roguelike player for years I'm just used to death meaning death. Hope I don't sound too stubborn, it's a great game!

:rolleyes: