PDA

View Full Version : Some news...

Aganazer
01-28-2010, 10:16 AM
To keep the info consolidated, there was a Steven sighting over at QT3 with some important news (http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showpost.php?p=2068507&postcount=26)...

For the Din's Curse questions: I think we are going to miss the end of the month, but it will probably only be by days. We are very close. :) The day that we start beta, we will start up our pre-order program and if you want to you will be able to download and play the beta. I believe (this could change) the pre-order will be $19.99, but it will sell for higher when we go gold.

Oh, and yes cave-ins are cool. :) My opinion is biased of course.

DarkShrike
01-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks for sharing that Aganazer!

Shadow
01-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks Aganazer. We are really close to beta, just a few more things to do, assuming nothing blows up.

getter77
01-28-2010, 02:00 PM
I suppose I could see it, though somehow I get the feeling it still won't quite round out to be time until the last 2 class profiles are up to solidify the pre-order enticement.

Nothing to say the last ones couldn't pop up in a double header any day now though versus the one per weekish pacing they've had up to now.

baelthazar
01-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Great news! I'm a day 1 of Beta purchase, love the price point, and I am excited to participate in the development. I'm guessing a 1/2 to a month of beta before release was the plan?

Bael

Shadow
01-28-2010, 03:11 PM
I suppose I could see it, though somehow I get the feeling it still won't quite round out to be time until the last 2 class profiles are up to solidify the pre-order enticement.

I am/was thinking the other 2 classes will be officially announced between beta and gold. Although now that I think about it that's information that will be pretty widely know on day 1 of beta.

Great news! I'm a day 1 of Beta purchase, love the price point, and I am excited to participate in the development. I'm guessing a 1/2 to a month of beta before release was the plan?

That's the plan, but that greatly depends on how much feedback I get and how well it sells.

Wantonius
01-29-2010, 06:53 AM
That's the plan, but that greatly depends on how much feedback I get and how well it sells.

How are planning to organize the feedback giving? Do we get any private (other than private messages here) way of giving feedback or do you just plan to open a forum for that?

I think the main difference would be that while public feedback will most certainly generate more feedback it also might make it harder to follow what's important and what's not (ie. people getting into arguments about some miniscule details).

Shadow
01-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Right now the plan is to open a public beta forum and you are always welcome to send me email or a pm.

baelthazar
01-29-2010, 04:57 PM

Well, I'm posting that you are getting ready for Pre-order Beta on all my favorite sites, so lets hope for some good sales! :cool:

I'll update people when you finally open this up - can't wait!

Shadow
01-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Thank you. We need all the good word of mouth we can get.

baelthazar
01-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Maybe implement a referral program... [;)]

Just kidding, glad to help Steven! Maybe as things progress I can do a write up or get a write up done for Wargamer.com. It isn't a wargame, but those guys play anything, really...

Bael

zyklop
02-01-2010, 03:22 AM
Will you publish an "official press statement" about beta start, that we can use and spread?

Shadow
02-01-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm planning on sending out a press release, sending out of newsletter, and posting something on the site so you should be able to grab something to send around if you want.