PDA

View Full Version : Din's Curse multiplayer Questions

Draugr
02-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Hi.

I looked around and didn't see an answer to the following questions.

1. How many players can play together in a world?

2. Are players forced to group together in a specific area or can one player be in a dungeon while another is on the surface or in town or in another dungeon doing his/her own thing?

3. How does the multiplayer aspect work? I mean is there a dedicated server like program ala NWN 1? Or is one person the host and the others simply join the hosts initiated game?

4. Can the progress in the world be saved and everyone who plays can continue where they left off last session?

Thanks
John

Shadow
02-04-2010, 03:49 PM
1) There isn't a set max.

2) All the players can be wherever the want. The only thing that matters where other people are is when trading with each other, then you need to be close.

3) One person is the host.

4) Yes, the host will save the world state and everyone will save their characters like normal.

Draugr
02-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Well, I own DoP, and KU +MP, I'll be buying DC as well.

As I'm sure you know already. All of your games are great. I still love playing DoP and KU. :)

Any idea when it is going to be released?

Thanks
John

Shadow
02-04-2010, 04:57 PM
I would guess the normal release will be about a month from now, but we'll see.

DarkShrike
02-04-2010, 05:04 PM
1) There isn't a set max.

2) All the players can be wherever the want. The only thing that matters where other people are is when trading with each other, then you need to be close.

3) One person is the host.

4) Yes, the host will save the world state and everyone will save their characters like normal.

What port(s) would I need to open up on my firewall if I want to host a MP game?

Shadow
02-04-2010, 05:11 PM
The game uses ports 26503 through 26507.

26503 - client port
26504 - server port
26505 - port on server & client to talk to master server
26507 - master server port