PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Things/Issues/Notions

getter77
02-04-2010, 05:55 PM
I'll hopefully get to more later tonight, but for now this is the day's haul heading into dinner. I tend to be savagely methodical in my methods for testing. ;)

-Error on Mail Armor skill within Hybrid checking screen. "ChainArmorDesc" on the line where it should probably mirror what is said for the Leather
Armor skill: "Can use any type of leather armor."

-"Damage Mult Bonus" skill should probably replace "Mult" with "Multiplier if possible.

-Please Auto-Squelch model attack sounds and leave just music playing when in build detail screen at creation.

-Thief Skills Slice and Caltrops have listed Max Skill levels of 30. No other tier 1 skills at the least have any mention of a cap at all across all.

-Priest Skill Prayer: "...DisruptsEeffect" Should be "DisruptsEffect"

- Wizard all~ Potion and drink bonus issue/inconsistency.

Fire Mage= "Potions and drinks replentish more mana than normal" Correct to "replenish". +30% bonus
Ice Mage= "Can use potions and drinks to refill mana" +30% bonus
Magician= Same description as Ice Mage, but +40% bonus listed?

-Fire Mage Skill Immolation: "8.0 damage every 1 second" Is this supposed to be Fire Damage or physical or typeless? Others in pool specify Fire.

-Archer description "thin the enemies number." Think it is supposed to be "enemies' number".

-Archer Skill Multishot "Shoots 3 magical arrows at once" yet "+10% Lightning damage" Should be Magic-type damage since there is already Shock Bolt?

-Druid Skill Earthquake: Magic-type damage instead of Physical-type damage?

-Can select the same focus twice as a Hybrid "Gladiator/Gladiator". Potential source of trouble with Random option I'd reckon.

-No damage/duration for Flaming Oil item?

-Vendor ID's all starting stuff(the junk with nothing TO ID about it) for free, but the Gambler is asking for 79CP versus the starting 75CP for the same
"service". Nothing changed but the gambling wares, 69CP another time.

-Marie the gambler "though liches are undead being" Should be "beings" with how it was stated.

-Marie the gambler "went to war with each other of the spoils of conquest" Should be "over" between "each" and "the".

-Marie the gambler "...God, Mortus." No need for a "," in this case I think.

-Marie the gambler "I'm Mean." Should be "mean" I guess?

-Marie the gambler "Gods breath..." I would think it to be "The Gods' breath" or at least "Gods' breath" in this case.

-Marie the gambler "...camophlagued dark elf..." Should be Camouflaged.

-MAX amount of text events should be default upon a new game....failed quests never been given and some events never showed up at all in between others that did.

-Marie the gambler "There are more dangerous than they seem" "There" should be "They"

-Marie the gambler "Scree are...viscous" Should be "vicious"

-Marie the gambler "...but it must of been Hamlec..." should be "must've" or "must have" instead of "must of"

-Marie the gambler "often merely dissolved into two smaller amorphs." Should be "dissolves" instead of "dissolved"

-Marie the gambler on Zombies "spread their horrid disease wherever they kill." Should be "spreading"

-Marie the gambler "Beneath Longway is really not overrun..." Should be "Beneath, Longway"

-Marie the gambler on Kriegs "you think more of the would've survived..." Should be "you'd think"

-Marie the gambler "I'm Scared" Should be "scared"

-Marie the gambler "No human more vial than Ciglio..." Should be "vile" instead of "vial"

-Marie the gambler "Shadows are creature..." Should be "creatures"

-Marie the gambler "I'm Paranoid" Should be "paranoid"

-Reputation level can't go below 0 at the onset...right? -100 to no numberical change for a quest not yet given/mentioned

-Marie the gambler "Changlings can take any form to get close.." Should be "Changelings"

-Ilona the vendor "I'm so glad you can to help us..." Should be "came" not "can"

-Ilona the vendor "I'm Optimistic" Should be "optimistic"

Shadow
02-04-2010, 06:37 PM
-Can select the same focus twice as a Hybrid "Gladiator/Gladiator". Potential source of trouble with Random option I'd reckon.

-No damage/duration for Flaming Oil item?

The random hybrid is smart enough not to pull 2 specialties from the same class.

The damage for flaming oil scales based on the dungeon level you are on.

getter77
02-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Interesting about the flaming oil....that would solve the problem D2 had with such things petering out early.

With the "Hybrid Doubling" though....I guess you could intentionally use it to make another "challenge" aspect alongside Cursed/Hardcore since it'd then be completely impossible to use any skills outside of a single focus pool like Gladiator. Might as well keep it unless it somehow screws something up down the line!

Shadow
02-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Interesting about the flaming oil....that would solve the problem D2 had with such things petering out early.

Yeah, I didn't want to add just a few and them being worthless later and I also didn't want to have to make 50 items called flaming oil with varying damage numbers because it would just be confusing and an interface nightmare.

Kruztee
02-04-2010, 10:26 PM
One of my favourite features so far has been finding clusters of barrels with monsters mixed in and chucking a burning oil potion in there! Absolute carnage most of the time!
:D

getter77
02-05-2010, 06:41 PM
So far today:

-All NPC's?: Intro and Talk seem to have identical reactions.

-D(forgot the rest of the name) the Weaponsmith "...will never ceased to be amused." Should be "cease" not "ceased"

-D t W "I'm Pessimistic" Should be pessimistic

-D t W "I'm Nice." Should be nice.

-D t W "Solitude is worse then darkness" Should be "than" not "then"

-Mort the Townsperson "Abominations, if there aver were any." Should be "ever" not "aver"

-Cynth the Townsperson "Dark elves are vile being" Should be "beings" not "being"

-Cliope the Townsperson "...Creatures are adverse to metal..." Should probably be "averse" instead of "adverse"

-C t T "A pinch of salt wares away evil" Should be "wards" not "wares"

-"I was a tailor until..." comes up in multiple Townspersons' random talks. Seems unlikely outside of actual tailor stuff if in game.

-C t T "I'm Superstitious" Should be superstitious

-"I was a tailor/farmhand/etc" can come up on the same person.

-Marah the Townsperson "I'm Adventurous" Should be adventurous

-Perhaps wise to "fix" each NPC's personality towards a single type? Per world/life I mean

-Solved a Kill Skeleton Hunter Quest despite never actually taking a quest or going into the dungeon or fighting anything from Tyrusty the Warmaster.

-Ditto for a Kill Scree Hunter Quest

-Tyrusty the Warmaster "...but it you want a real potion..." Should be "if" not "it"

-Duplicate Quest offering from Tyrusty the Warmaster "Zombies Uprising"...exact same descriptions and rewards/floor.

-Ditto "Skeletons uprising"...and Pixies some.

-Carvis the Armorsmith "Run along, little flee" Should be "flea" not "flee"

Delilah Rehm
02-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Looks like I should have given the dialog another read over. :o

getter77
02-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Ah, these things happen...besides I'd also found some technical buggish stuff in the lot of it like some of the concerning skill bits and so on.. Somehow, this has become my beta habit....the menus/minutia THEN actually get around to the game playing proper---I blame it on starting with a 3.5ish D&D game and then pouring over the entire ingame rulebook and helpfiles to it for a day or so.

That said, I've never been an English major so some parts that seem off to me might well not be.

getter77
02-05-2010, 11:39 PM
-Game should automatically PAUSE when engaged in a shop window and other similar tasks.

-Skill point "counting" and such doesn't work quite right. with Hybrid Doubling per page. Perhaps just have it disable the doubling outright? If playing a pure Thief then another tab page won't be of any use.

Shadow
02-05-2010, 11:43 PM
-Skill point "counting" and such doesn't work quite right. with Hybrid Doubling per page. Perhaps just have it disable the doubling outright? If playing a pure Thief then another tab page won't be of any use.

I'm not sure what you are talking about here.

ShaggyMoose
02-06-2010, 12:10 AM
- Another minor dialogue issue. In the hint "Object Interactions" it says "...so keep on a look...".

- I like the "hold" feature in merchants. Haven't used it yet but I can definately see it coming in handy.

- This game feels really, really familiar after Depths of Peril. Haven't yet decided if that is a good thing.

EDIT: More comments...

- The item break warning is great. Finding out by accident that half your gear has been broken for ages is not the way to do it.

- Once when I read some plans it said "Paper contains nothing but jibberish". I am sure it should be "gibberish". Maybe its a UK/US thing.

- I am only on the second town on level five and am really struggling as a warrior. I am being overwhelmed by the respawn rate and don't seem to be able to effectively kill anything without getting badly beaten up. :(

Shadow
02-06-2010, 09:52 AM
- I am only on the second town on level five and am really struggling as a warrior. I am being overwhelmed by the respawn rate and don't seem to be able to effectively kill anything without getting badly beaten up. :(

Just a quick comment, I think I've thought of a good solution to the respawn issue so hopefully this will be better in the first patch.

getter77
02-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure what you are talking about here.

My assumption was that if a value was increased on one Thief tab skill, said increase would then be mirrored on the other Thief skill page when playing a Thief/Thief. Instead it counts each page separately leading to weird situations like being able to use a level 1 shuriken along with a level 2 one. This would also ultimately cause issues with Passives getting duplicated at different levels.

I'd say the solution is if a player is playing a Pure Thief (Thief/Thief Hybrid for lack of any other way to do so for instance), for there to just be one Thief tab on the skill screen to avoid anything going off.

ShaggyMoose
02-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Just a quick comment, I think I've thought of a good solution to the respawn issue so hopefully this will be better in the first patch.
That's good to hear. I think I have to leave the game until then, its just too frustrating.

Some more observations/suggestions/comments. Sorry they are all over the place.

- Do normal barrels really need to take two or three hits to destroy?
- Can the regeneration rate be upped when there are no enemies around? I feel like I am spending half of the game waiting around next to a health stone. Couldn't find an obvious way to change this in the configuration, as with DoP.
- I stepped on a trap by accident and found myself teleported from the 3rd level (I think) to the 9th level! Then I was on a mad rush looking for the teleporter before I got slaughtered. Made it with 10 HP left. :D
This is a cool feature.

ShaggyMoose
02-06-2010, 05:43 PM
So I folded already and started again as a ranger. So at least you know the game is still addictive. :o

Doing a little better (3rd town, no losses) but still constantly under a lot of pressure. I think "inheriting" a legendary bow at the start made it easier for a while, but now it seems underpowered again.

Anyway, can you make the trigger range of the traps greater or more reliable? Sometimes they seem to be on top of an enemy and don't go off, or an enemy misses it by an inch. Some proximity triggering would make it a lot more useful.

Shadow
02-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Anyway, can you make the trigger range of the traps greater or more reliable? Sometimes they seem to be on top of an enemy and don't go off, or an enemy misses it by an inch. Some proximity triggering would make it a lot more useful.

I did this earlier today. :)

Flailsnail
02-06-2010, 07:29 PM
My assumption was that if a value was increased on one Thief tab skill, said increase would then be mirrored on the other Thief skill page when playing a Thief/Thief. Instead it counts each page separately leading to weird situations like being able to use a level 1 shuriken along with a level 2 one. This would also ultimately cause issues with Passives getting duplicated at different levels.

I'd say the solution is if a player is playing a Pure Thief (Thief/Thief Hybrid for lack of any other way to do so for instance), for there to just be one Thief tab on the skill screen to avoid anything going off.

Shadow stated in another thread on hybrid classes being able to double up a single specialty that it wasn't originally intended to be possible. As a result, it's not balanced the way you're expecting it to be. Hopefully it can be balanced in such a way that it can be made into an intentional feature, and we can keep the option of specializing into a pure class in this manner.

Shadow
02-06-2010, 07:42 PM

Ok, I understand what you are talking about now. As someone else already mentioned, being able to play 1 specialty wasn't intended. However, if it works and isn't way out of balance I don't have a problem keeping it.

So far I have different people wanting this part to work differently btw. Having them separate actually gives the class an advantage. Having 2 dagger mastery skills allows you to get more dagger mastery for less skill points. However the natural drawback is now you are down to 1 specialty. Having skills like smokescreen being separate gives you 2 timers. Two versions of shuriken doesn't do you any good though.

getter77
02-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Ok, I understand what you are talking about now. As someone else already mentioned, being able to play 1 specialty wasn't intended. However, if it works and isn't way out of balance I don't have a problem keeping it.

So far I have different people wanting this part to work differently btw. Having them separate actually gives the class an advantage. Having 2 dagger mastery skills allows you to get more dagger mastery for less skill points. However the natural drawback is now you are down to 1 specialty. Having skills like smokescreen being separate gives you 2 timers. Two versions of shuriken doesn't do you any good though.

Ah, I was approaching it from more of a classical standpoint across the board, IE: Because you focus on a single of 3 potential trees, you have an opportunity to put more skill points into said tree and thusly do better with said skills than others considering there are a limited number of skill points/levels to spend. This way, there's no issue where some skills benefit extra and others don't as you cite.

To be frank, my plan from well before the start of beta was to generally fully run through each of the 18 core "classes" in this month or so period so as to verify that each had enough of the right stuff, and working correctly, so as to be viable---else logic says to me that the Hybrid system would collapse at some point onto itself if various skills simply didn't pull weight along the "class theme" lines.

getter77
02-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Shockwave/fire rings penetrate walls intentionally?

-Horwood, a situation where all quests had been solved and no NPC's offering any new ones yet the town not being "saved".

Will now install the new patch and see how things fare.

Shadow
02-07-2010, 08:49 PM
-Horwood, a situation where all quests had been solved and no NPC's offering any new ones yet the town not being "saved".

If you still have this, could you email your char files?

getter77
02-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Gah, wish I'd thought of it! Sorry Shadow.

After a good while, some random/minor Rep/reward quests started being generated....but with so many NPC's killed via assassin/raids it seemed very "hitting a wall".

getter77
02-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Here's a serious problem I've found, likely at least partway responsible for "wall syndrome". Feel embarrassed to just now catch it: :o

-Odd starting stats? Seems off for a "bruiser" like Warrior to be 5/5/16/16/5 str/dx/vit/int/spi. Vit I could maybe see...but Str/dex should be key!
ALL classes have same stats which seems waaay off!

-In windowed mode, the monster level tree extends down into/past the spiral border.

-Likewise, a Weaponmaster/Weaponmaster in the select character to load screen goes past the border on the right.

Cadfan
02-07-2010, 10:19 PM
The starting stats are probably to ensure that everyone has a certain amount of hit points and mana.

Aganazer
02-07-2010, 10:32 PM
If you still have this, could you email your char files?

I have a save that may be close to what you're looking for. At one point this character had no quests with no more offered in town. After exploring he found a kill Nax quest from a Plan and then got three quests from uprisings while trying to figure out what to do next.

FloodSpectre
02-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Hey, I just got my pre-order in, and I hope I can help out with testing. There are a few text issues I've noticed so far, so I'll just list them here for now.

When an NPC gives their name, there should be a period at the end of the sentence.

About Brenna Burleigh, "...destroyed the dark elves evil altars..." should have an apostrophe on elves. Also, should it be "the" Adder Mountains?

There's one message that seems a little strange. It reads exactly as follows, "The spawn of plaguebringers during battle. plaguebringers larva will overwhelm you with their numbers if you give them the chance." This just generally sounds wrong due to the first sentence, and the second needs capitalization and probably an apostrophe.

On fire throwers, "There are more dangerous than they seem." Should be They, not There.

There's also, "...imperceptible shadows are creature that...". Creature should be plural.

Another dialogue begins, "Dark elf Fuse Douleur...", but should probably begin with The.

incognoscente
02-08-2010, 01:52 PM
If you still have [a town with no available quests], could you email your char files?
Character Chips III. No town NPCs offering quests but town doesn't end.

getter77
02-08-2010, 02:45 PM
-One strange issue that might be Din's related: While/after playing and closing out the game, my mouse pointer icon/cursor becomes much larger than it usually remains for windows browsing until I restart the PC again and it assumes a more normal/precise size.

This time I've got the game paused and will wait to hear what precisely to zip or upload:

-Tica, Hostile Labyrinth 3 find buried treasure quest, no map blip for it, fully mapped to no buried treasure, post "town is saved" achievement....thusly it is not able to finish.

I've not yet looted the reward chest, but prior to this I did successfully manage to complete 2 big reward quests also after having technically saved the town.

Shadow
02-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Just zip up your chars directory and email it to me. Where the chars directory is depends on the OS but it's specified in the manual.

getter77
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Right, think this is it. Couldn't get the folder to show up for some reason but found it with filesearch.

Kruztee
02-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Hi Getter77,

I just loaded this world on my machine, and the instant that the game starts, I get the "You have saved the world" dialogue, and the reward chest appears in the middle of town. If you quit out and reload the game, does the same thing happen to you? However, I'm also unable to complete the treasure quest. Nothing on lvl3...

getter77
02-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Sorry about that, got spirited away this afternoon on an extended grocery run.

Yes, upon a reload behaves as you describe. I guess it is somewhat similar behavior to how Din still repeats his little "Hi, you sucked, how about you do stuff?" thing from town to town. Saving the town and not having opened the reward chest yet would count as a significant event.

Main thing is the quest being impossible in this case....glad I got the right zip file put together!

Shadow
02-08-2010, 08:19 PM
I think I fixed that btw. I believe it is the entity purging stuff getting a little carried away.

getter77
02-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Great! I'll hop back on now for awhile tonight and see what else comes to the surface.

FloodSpectre
02-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I found a few more text issues, so here goes.

The wording regarding King Alek Carmelo seems a little strange toward the end. It might be better to end the sentence with "...the face of Aleria." and then begin a new sentence with "Thus began the Third Great War" or "This was the beginning of...".

Also, some instances of "the Great Wars" are capitalized whereas others are not. It might be a good idea to be consistent and keep them all capitalized.

The talk dialogue saying "I was a tailor until the monster rose from the deep..." is a bit confusing. Did you mean a specific monster, or should it be monsters instead?

In the dialogue about nothing in this world being safe, you might want to reword the second sentence, perhaps by adding "you'll find that" before the words "more than". Something about the way it is now seemed to throw me off on my first reading.

Sometimes townspeople mention "No trade comes through anymore." This might sound better as "No traders come through town anymore", or something to that extent. Though technically this message isn't true, with vendors joining the town every so often ;)

Another dialogue begins, "Some say the war is a retaliation of the crusades." It might sound better as "Some say the war is retaliation for the crusades." This message is also a good example of what I mentioned above about the capitalization of the great Wars. In this case, it leaves the Third Great War in lowercase.

In the help message "Dynamic World" there's a sentence that contains "...well what ever that something is..." should probably say whatever, but I could be wrong.

The help message on Reputation has a similar problem, where the word townspeople is split into two words here as well.

The help message about Object Interaction tells me to "keep on a look out". This should be "keep on the look out" or something to that extent. It sounds a bit wrong as it is.

You might also want to reword the help on your Shared Stash. It says "all of your players you have created." I think "your players" should be replaced with "the characters".

An early quest was to kill 4 Pixie Big Sisters. The description says "...on the path of redeeming yourself, prove yourself by killing...". I think it might sound better to add "you must" before "prove yourself".

Oh, and I'm also having a minor issue with the status bar for an enemy flickering at the top of my screen when I move. I think I saw a mention of this elsewhere. It stays solid if I don't move, and I can easily solve the problem by mousing over anything else that has a name to show in this spot instead.

getter77
02-08-2010, 10:01 PM
-Bostra, "unwon" despite no more quests listed and the last 2 done were of the "optional" sort.

Save attached as the same character.

getter77
02-09-2010, 03:19 PM
-Black screen with music loop upon a Hybrd selection after clicking generate world....had to close out.

Another "should've won by now" situation....this time I didn't fail a single quest and no NPC's got killed.

getter77
02-09-2010, 11:06 PM
-0-63ft range on Immolation? Can't see how that is possible viewing range and otherwise considering the listed and effect range of the AoE ring spells.

-Rupture as a 0 mana cost direct melee attack skill?

getter77
02-10-2010, 04:55 PM
-Multiple clone enemy NPC's in dungeon offering the same quests/trying to kill each other directly Somehow got one to disengage the other then solved each, they vanish, then exactly a same one appears elsewhere on the floor with the same quests which were solved.

FloodSpectre
02-10-2010, 07:46 PM
I picked up an uncommon Ego shield, listed as an Egotistical Wooden Shield of Spirit (Ego). It comes up as 9 Defense followed by a blank line, and then +1 Spirit. It seems as though the Ego bonus isn't displaying on it properly, but I couldn't confirm whether or not it still gives any bonus, as my character was unable to use shields.

I also was given a quest by a Ghost to avenge him. I found the unique monster and killed it but I wasn't notified that the quest ended. Returning to the ghost I found he had no quest indicator anymore and just informed me he had no quests for me. The quest still appeared in my log as incomplete.

Finally, a really tiny one. When I highlight Reputation Level on my character screen, it brings up a box that just says Reputation Level twice. Maybe it should just say it once, or have some kind of description instead?

Kruztee
02-10-2010, 07:52 PM
It seems as though the Ego bonus isn't displaying on it properly, but I couldn't confirm whether or not it still gives any bonus, as my character was unable to use shields.

Don't forget that you can chuck interesting loot into your shared stash and keep it until you have a character that can make use of it. Not saying that you mightn't have thought of that, but just posting in case you didn't.

getter77
02-10-2010, 09:47 PM
-When dead, you can still manipulate your inventory and such for some reason instead of just being able to click on the resurrect button.

FloodSpectre
02-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Don't forget that you can chuck interesting loot into your shared stash and keep it until you have a character that can make use of it. Not saying that you mightn't have thought of that, but just posting in case you didn't.

I thought of it after realizing I had apparently sold the shield. I meant to hold on to it in case Shadow needed a save or something to see what I meant. I did take a screenshot at least, though.

getter77
02-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Hmm...odd problem on .902 now.

That crash I had last night on the old version? Seems to have carried over somehow. If I click Play, there is nothing there to delete regarding that last crash character, shocky. However, he is right there on the Resume buttion...and if you select to Resume, Din's crashes in a new form of, roughly quoting, "Program has stopped working. 1. Search for solution and close 2. Just close it down."

I looked in the folder where the saves we've been uploading are...no entries to his name since I'd just started the game with the character and then last night's crazy crash happened.

Upon creating a new character of the same build and name, it seems to have overwritten whatever had went wrong before. Still, something weird there at first.

getter77
02-11-2010, 04:17 PM
-Still an issue with starting modifier indicators enmeshing with the screen border...the word "Low" in this case.

-Also, correctly no longer possible to begin with the generation below 0? Was starting at -2 prior.

-Still no Auto-Pause on NPC interaction.

-13 lvl deep, only Warmaster and Din. Warmaster, the only quest giver, gave one lvl 2 Pixie kill quest...solved it on Floor 1 and "saved" town.

I'll try to descend to see if I can get some interaction capable denizens.

Shadow
02-11-2010, 04:37 PM
-Also, correctly no longer possible to begin with the generation below 0? Was starting at -2 prior.

-13 lvl deep, only Warmaster and Din. Warmaster, the only quest giver, gave one lvl 2 Pixie kill quest...solved it on Floor 1 and "saved" town.

You never really could start at -2. The system was always starting you at 0.

That's a destroyed town. It's meant to be a pretty quick town (which doesn't always happen).

viper34j
02-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Is there a greater reason of going deeper once a town is "saved"? Other than the xp/loot from monsters of course. Does the last floor have a boss? If not, I'd say that a boss on the last floor of every dungeon would be pretty neat.

Shadow
02-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Is there a greater reason of going deeper once a town is "saved"? Other than the xp/loot from monsters of course. Does the last floor have a boss? If not, I'd say that a boss on the last floor of every dungeon would be pretty neat.

Right now, not really. I probably could put something in the last level, but I'm not sure I want to. I would probably rather you moved on to the next town.

getter77
02-11-2010, 05:21 PM
You never really could start at -2. The system was always starting you at 0.

That's a destroyed town. It's meant to be a pretty quick town (which doesn't always happen).

Yeah, I saw that mentioned in the other topic and was guessing it would be of a more shallow depth and whatnot in respect to quests to reflect...perhaps somewhere in the next patches? it would seem a bit off to begin a game with Din not having a quest for the player in any case.

More stuff before dinner:

-Just destroyed the already opened door to a lesser money vault and it dropped a pair of greens.

-Needs to be an event message when a wandering Gambler or other such NPC has left town.

-Marin, in-dungeon vendor on d lvl3: 11 HP enough? Seems quite low.

-Zonealarm tells me Din wants to access the internet despite being in the middle of single player mode.

Shadow
02-11-2010, 05:27 PM
-Zonealarm tells me Din wants to access the internet despite being in the middle of single player mode.

That's really weird. We don't access the internet at all unless you go into the multiplayer stuff or you hit one of the website buttons.

FloodSpectre
02-11-2010, 06:58 PM
-Still an issue with starting modifier indicators enmeshing with the screen border...the word "Low" in this case.

I have this one too, in case you're the only one who's reported it and Shadow needs confirmation that it isn't just your game doing it.

getter77
02-11-2010, 07:55 PM
I have this one too, in case you're the only one who's reported it and Shadow needs confirmation that it isn't just your game doing it.

Only other bit I can offer on it is my running the game Windowed ever since my post about, somehow or another, it not playing nicely using 2 monitors right at the start of beta.

Shadow
02-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Only other bit I can offer on it is my running the game Windowed ever since my post about, somehow or another, it not playing nicely using 2 monitors right at the start of beta.

This was when you are running the game and you click on the other monitor, the game minimizes issue, right? Most games I have played do the same thing. Have you played any that don't exhibit this behavior?

getter77
02-11-2010, 10:17 PM
This was when you are running the game and you click on the other monitor, the game minimizes issue, right? Most games I have played do the same thing. Have you played any that don't exhibit this behavior?

I really should test that out more, Din's was the first to try on it. I'd reckon there's gotta be some trick to it, configure or software wise, else it destroys my notion of having one screen for heavy use while I use another to read/take notes in terms of the lot of it----as it is unwieldy so often alt-tab, min/max'ing back and forth.

1280x960 window for Din's.

More stuff tied into said "destroyed town" acting up:

-It would seem to be possible to click on the "exit to next town crown" while being inside the dungeon as opposed to only in town.

-Treasure hunting quests not giving any reputation" post-save" upon completion in this area! ( Had like 3-4 too)

-Found a Death note containing nothing but gibberish. :(

-Impossible quest end for town of Portus...the destroyed place. Never came across a Steward quest at all...just the one seemingly townsperson rescue quest that I prevailed in, but, he never showed up in town since the quest "giver" was to be the elusive Steward. Found some various vendors in the dungeon and had a few visitors, but nothing to grow the town beyond the sole Warmaster and Din standing around. Fully mapped all 13 floors. Here's the save...this shocky character seems to be attracting all kinds of strangeness. :cool:

Coreyh2
02-12-2010, 12:12 AM
There was a save a person quest that ended in a ambush of 8-14 mages that spawned around me. It took them two turns for them kill me. I couldn't move because I was instantly surrounded. In Angband it would be a situation for a phase door scroll. There isn't much to do at the moment in Din's Curse. Short range teleport and knockback skills would be useful. Enemies could run in instead of just appearing.

gang zap (http://tank.windwireless.net/~crsntlvs/dc01.jpg)

Main quest givers getting killed in town stops quest progress completely. Considering how fast unique enemies go through villagers it gets pretty frustrating. Walking back with no stamina also doesn't help. Maybe a delay between the announcement of an attack and the actual attack would work. Town Portal scrolls could also help too.

It seems like flame weapons light barrels and doors on fire. Its neat but slows progress down sometimes. Its fun in some situations.

getter77
02-12-2010, 04:15 PM
-Impossible to "leave" the town from yesterday after applying patch...all done as before save the impossible Steward bit but the exit "crown" is gone outright.

-Took gate down to dlvl 13...appeared in a different location than said gate.

Looks like time to start a new character for the patch in this case, here's the save for the above current state:

getter77
02-12-2010, 05:44 PM
-Din says I "saved another town"...despite this being the starting town of the character.

FloodSpectre
02-12-2010, 07:12 PM
I had a minor issue which corrected itself, interestingly enough. I opened the door to a lesser vault and was unable to reach any of the chest because the town gate was directly in front of the door. I took the gate up and when I decided to go back down, the gate had moved a short ways further into the room, allowing me to collect the money from the previously inaccessible chests. I have a pair of before and after screens if necessary, by the way.

getter77
02-13-2010, 10:05 PM
-Had an instance where a Champ Wampir got somehow elevated/stuck in a wall near an NPC rescue....no attacks of mine could hit it so that was a failed rescue, Popping back up to town somehow freed him while all my running around casting didn't.

-Summoning trap triggered despite nobody walking over it, or anywhere else, at the time while a good distance from it.

FloodSpectre
02-13-2010, 10:19 PM
It appears that all Scree monsters are level 1 regardless of the game settings. At first I thought it might be intentional, but it still seems rather odd.

I also feel that Blots do a bit more damage than I would expect such a tiny little guy to inflict. That's just the opinion of a rogue not wanting to take much damage in the first place though.

Lyranaar
02-14-2010, 05:14 AM
A problem that occurs for us quite frequent when having two reviveds is that they start attacking each other or the summoner. Sometimes they stop when they find another enemy and probably get attacked by him, at other times gating back to town helps.

Often this problem occurs after raising a second revived. If they like each other, it usually stays this way.

Another bad habbit reviveds have is attacking burning things (eg. burning barrels) and getting themselves killed quickly. You can only try to run far away so they have to beam back to you. But then they show that they want to return and continue getting burned.

One more faith stuff: Clicking on Dark Elves reviveds shows that they have Faith still instead of mana.

By the way the AI for Darl Elf Warrior and Mercs and Changelings is really great for reviveds while most other monsters are lazy and easily distracted.

(Patch 903)

FloodSpectre
02-16-2010, 11:04 PM
I had a fun time with a town today... an elite lightning elemental raided the town while I was on level 2 of the dungeon, and I hadn't found the gate yet. By the time I got back it had killed one townsperson, two vendors, the steward and the warmaster. They died quite easily considering how little trouble I had killing the elemental, and I'm starting to think it might be wise to improve the townsfolk's survivability. Perhaps they could be given a set of four skills each, like DoP recruits.

On a related note I found that I couldn't complete the town without the warmaster and the steward because I couldn't turn in the quests to them for completion. Shortly after realizing this, the game told me a potential new steward had been found, but no one in town appears able to give me the quest to find him, so I remain unable to complete this town. I'm guessing the warmaster would ordinarily offer this quest, but obviously can't as he's a little bit dead at the moment. Maybe in a later patch Din could offer this quest if no one else is able.