PDA

View Full Version : I am disappointed

hornedry2k
02-04-2010, 07:05 PM
I must admit that I am disappointed. The game is not nearly so lovingly made as Kivis Underworld. It should have been called Dungeon Crawler quietly continues. So I personally do not like it really. There is no real story. It seems like time just quickly made. Many elements and traps from Kivis Underworld.

19,99 USD is a nice Deal but i dont would make it expensivier because more is that Game not worth. Sorry 20 USD is the maximum for a Game like this.

I hope your Next Game would be better or a Sequel of Kivi.

Shadow
02-04-2010, 07:53 PM
I believe Din's Curse actually took longer to make than Kivi's Underworld.

I suspect we will have some people that enjoyed Kivi more than they will Din because I have heard from a bunch of people that enjoyed Kivi more than they did DoP. The majority of our games like DoP better than Kivi though. Anyways that's not my point.

I really like that people have a different favorite from our games. They all might be action RPGs but they are very different games and each is going to fit different peoples' tastes differently.

Delilah Rehm
02-04-2010, 07:56 PM
You just used different in a sentence 3 times. ;) (Sorry, sometimes I can't help myself.)

Delilah Rehm
02-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Kivi's Underworld was more of a story driven game while Din's Curse is less so with Depths of Peril in the middle. People who like heavy story may like Kivi's better. Personaly, I like all of them.

I'm sorry Din's isn't what you expected, but I hope you enjoy it anyway. :)

Kruztee
02-04-2010, 10:42 PM
It should have been called Dungeon Crawler quietly continues.

Heh, and I thought that the title "Din's Curse" lacked a bit of punch.

Anyway, it's interesting to hear opinions like this. I have now played Din's Curse (over the course of two days) for more hours than I have played Kivi's Underworld in the last year (seriously). Obviously, despite looking like similar games at first glance the 3 titles are endearing themselves to very different types of gamers. Depths of Peril is still one of my favourite games ever, with Din's Curse looking like that it will gobble up weeks of my playing time as well. Kivi's Underworld wasn't even worth a play through for me, I still haven't finished it.

It's all good ;)

GeorgiaBoy
02-05-2010, 12:55 AM
Frankly, I LOVE it. I downloaded it at 30,000 feet over Tennessee. It is a great game, although I have run into some issues (completely normal in beta). Any additional content planned?

GB

P.S. $$$ in hand for an expansion (in addition to town-> dungeon, town-->over land/water -->dungeon)

hornedry2k
02-05-2010, 04:53 AM
Its only my Opinion. I like the Genre, i like Games like this but here i dont can see a good Story. I dont can see that the Maker has make it with same Love to Games like in Kivi. I am CEO on a German Gaming Site and i will write this in my Review / Preview.

On Kivis UNderworld you know - there is a Start , there is a End. Here - nothing! Only Grinding, Grinding, Grinding. And for Grinding i dont need to pay 20-30 USD. I can download a Free MMORPG and grinding until i die. For that i dont need a Game that cost 30 USD.

Btw: Is it allowed to give the Key away as Gift? I deinstalled the Game and i dont want play it anymore and my Editor dont like it, too. So we not want play it in Coop again. Or can we get Money back

Shadow
02-05-2010, 09:44 AM
In Din we have gone with a very dynamic story that evolves depending on what you do you, don't do, how the random world was setup, and what the monsters do, instead of 1 set storyline.

However, you certainly can give away your game to someone else if you no longer want to play or you can send me an email and I can get you a refund.

zyklop
02-05-2010, 10:46 AM
@hornedry2k

Hm, to make things clear: You joined this forum yesterday, bought the key for beta entrance, played for some hours, are disapointed and ask for a money back?

In adition you call yourself "CEO" of a gaming site (obviously without knowing, what the term CEO means), but donīt tell us the name of this site. Also your profile donīt mention any commercial or non-commercial gaming-site in Germany or elsewhere. In the few posts in the last 24 hours you mentioned no commercial background and talked about yourself and your friend as players - now you are a CEO and he ist your editor. And to "threaten" a developer with a more or less important preview on a mysterious German gamesite is also not the fine art.

Me too run a gamesite - to be honest, itīs a whole network with 70+ sites and nearly 100 woman and man in the background. But this doesīnt make me a "CEO" - we are working on a non-profit base. Iīm an administrator, chief editor or what else you like to call this position. If i buy a game at Amazon or any other store, i do this on my own risk. Especially if this is a beta version! Without complaining about things i donīt like and giving "hints", how important i am.

And yes - i get many press versions from publishers too, but this is a completely different story. Because for me this is (non-payed) work and most of this press versions i send to our different webmasters. Also our previews/reviews will never be "discussed" with a publisher or developer to gain some favor or refund.

Itīs fine, that you run a gamesite, i wish you all the best for the future. But please donīt "use" your fansite to make pressure on a developer or anyone else to get a personal advantage.

With best regards,
B. Jebsen

vomitousinsight
02-05-2010, 01:25 PM
I'll take your copy if you don't want it :)

pnutz
02-05-2010, 01:55 PM
"I hope your Next Game would be better"
"I am CEO on a German Gaming Site"
"i dont want play it anymore and my Editor dont like it, too."
"can we get Money back"

Not that Din is above criticism, but this is just a troll. This person would have linked to their site if they actually had one and had an interest in getting more traffic. And they can write English well enough that they could have articulated something substantial about their criticisms (particularly if they are actually a reviewer).

And no reviewer would have the dearth of class to go to a developer's forum to ask for his money back.

hornedry2k
02-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Just a Troll! LOL! You can see my Thread about the Interview with Steven in normal Dins Curse Forum. So please dont call me Troll. I am / do what i tell and i only want tell my Critic.

But its a good example that Fanboys dont want hear opinions and critics like that. When EA make shit, we tell them too. We are very honestly to our Readers. And when Fanboys or Publishers has a problem with that its not our Problem. Most Sites a re bought by Commercial Deals from Publishers. We dont. So we tell what we think.

Hm, to make things clear: You joined this forum yesterday, bought the key for beta entrance, played for some hours, are disapointed and ask for a money back?

You are right. Yes. Because the Game is only grinding and boring. I like Kivis Underworld but this Game is not so good as i thought.

In adition you call yourself "CEO" of a gaming site (obviously without knowing, what the term CEO means), but donīt tell us the name of this site. Also your profile donīt mention any commercial or non-commercial gaming-site in Germany or elsewhere. In the few posts in the last 24 hours you mentioned no commercial background and talked about yourself and your friend as players - now you are a CEO and he ist your editor. And to "threaten" a developer with a more or less important preview on a mysterious German gamesite is also not the fine art.

Why mystery German Website? When you look in my Profile you see that i open the Thread with the Interview. There is a link to the Site of me and the Interview with Steven. So before you talk you should look all Details.

And yes - i get many press versions from publishers too,

Me too but this is a completely different story.

Itīs fine, that you run a gamesite, i wish you all the best for the future. But please donīt "use" your fansite to make pressure on a developer or anyone else to get a personal advantage.

I dont ake pressure but i bought this Game in privat. And when i not like i can ask for refund. So its my private Money. The Game is not lovely making. Its like EA that make a bad game to make more Money. And i dont pay for Game like this. Its my Opinion.

Delilah Rehm
02-05-2010, 02:39 PM
First I would like to say that Soldak will NEVER make a game just to "make more money." We make games we love. If we were after cash, Steven made 2-3 times as much money working for Ritual Ent. and if he went corporate (outside of the games industry), he could make twice as much as that. He works more than he ever did at another company, with 12+ hour days being common, and don't ask about weekends. I promise you, we have no intention of scamming people for "the easy life." Our blood, sweat and tears are poured into every product we produce.

Soldak is our passion, and that's why we do it. We really do love all of the games we have made. Sometimes we think of them like our children! :D

Second is that it's okay for someone to not like our games. We don't expect to conquer the world borg style. Also, anyone who pays for one of our games and really doesn't like it is free to request a refund within 30 days of purchase, and we are happy to give it to them. Just PM or email Shadow.

Wantonius
02-05-2010, 03:06 PM
<rant>
I absolutely have to take offense on that comment on gouging people from their money even though that really has nothing to do with me. As a fellow programmer I do understand the level of commitment to take such undertaking and I do have a rough idea of the lines of code a game like Din's Curse requires. To say that Din's Curse is done with falsehood in mind is not only laughable but extremely offensive. These sort of opinions do not represent the majority of people here and that sort of behaviour, coming to question peoples motives for what is basically their livelyhood, is distasteful in extreme. If this person really runs a gaming site, I sincerely hope that I do not ever go there.

Why not just ask for a refund in private is beyond me. Why make a public scene out of it. Yes, people like different things and I understand when someone says that game like Din's Curse is not for them but why make a scene about it. It seems such pettiness.
</rant>

Cadfan
02-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Relax, everyone. He's allowed to not like the game. He's allowed to say why he doesn't like the game, and that includes general feelings. He's said his piece, what else is there to argue about?

Twotricks
02-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Its only my Opinion. I like the Genre, i like Games like this but here i dont can see a good Story. I dont can see that the Maker has make it with same Love to Games like in Kivi. I am CEO on a German Gaming Site and i will write this in my Review / Preview.

On Kivis UNderworld you know - there is a Start , there is a End. Here - nothing! Only Grinding, Grinding, Grinding. And for Grinding i dont need to pay 20-30 USD. I can download a Free MMORPG and grinding until i die. For that i dont need a Game that cost 30 USD.

Btw: Is it allowed to give the Key away as Gift? I deinstalled the Game and i dont want play it anymore and my Editor dont like it, too. So we not want play it in Coop again. Or can we get Money back

Its a mater of taste. Dins curse is not traditional RPG with set story. Its (at least i see it like that) game in vein of roguelike rpg's. Whole point of the game is dynamic randomly generated world. Not a story.

If you purchased a game expecting preset storyline, i can see you are disappointed. But its a different game
________
new developments in Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Wantonius
02-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Relax, everyone. He's allowed to not like the game. He's allowed to say why he doesn't like the game, and that includes general feelings. He's said his piece, what else is there to argue about?

A voice of sanity :D! Went a little overboard there myself so thank you.