PDA

View Full Version : Release date of Din's Curse(at least tentative)

over_cloud9
02-04-2010, 08:01 PM
When I try to buy Din's curse it says 'preorder'.Now I'm a bit confused really coz I'm new to this forum.I'm sorry if this has been already discussed somewhere else(as I couldn't find that topic on release date).

Has this game already released or is about to release?If it has released then why is it called "preorder"?If it hasn't then when is it expected to release?Please clear my confusion.

Delilah Rehm
02-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Buying the pre-order gets you access to the beta right now. The release date is in about a month.

over_cloud9
02-04-2010, 08:23 PM
What are the additional features of this beta version?Is the price going to remain the same after the release?

Shadow
02-04-2010, 08:29 PM
The pre-order price is lower than what the final price is going to be. I'm not sure what the difference is going to be yet though.

over_cloud9
02-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks!
apart from playing the game I thought of adding it in my games site,which is why I confirmed the price.However now I don't know what would be more appropiate at this point-to add the game in the upcoming section or to add it amongst the released games...

Shadow
02-04-2010, 08:56 PM
That I don't know. I consider us more of an upcoming game and not released. The pre-ordering with beta access does make as somewhat in-between those 2 options though.

over_cloud9
02-04-2010, 09:37 PM
The pre-ordering with beta access does make as somewhat in-between those 2 options though.
Exactly that is the reason.Still I shall add it in the upcoming games section as there will be a change in price and versions later (I guess there will be quite a few changes in versions after beta as normally games do).

dnuggs40
02-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Sorry for necro'ing this thread, but didn't want to make a new one if another thread already covered it...but...

Is the game going to cost more on release (and if so how much)? Someone mentioned it but not sure if that's right...also...are the developer(s) any closer to giving an actual release date?

Thanks!

Flailsnail
02-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Sorry for necro'ing this thread, but didn't want to make a new one if another thread already covered it...but...

Is the game going to cost more on release (and if so how much)? Someone mentioned it but not sure if that's right...also...are the developer(s) any closer to giving an actual release date?

Thanks!

This thread covers the pricing question. Shadow posted the answer himself a couple of posts up.

dnuggs40
02-18-2010, 11:50 AM
I don't know who shadow is but it only partially answers it anyways...how much will the price increase be?

From what I understand (maybe I am wrong) but someone told me this game will be released in a month or so...that's pretty soon so just trying to understand how much it will be.

Shadow
02-18-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm the designer and programmer on Din's Curse.

I'm not sure what the price increase will be yet (probably in the $5 to $10 range).

My initial estimate for release at the beginning of beta was around the end of February or beginning of March. It is very possible that it will be later though.

Warfran
02-18-2010, 05:49 PM
I ordered the beta a few days ago and though I haven't had enough time to play much in the last week I am really impressed with how many patches have come out since I picked it up.
Seems every time I get a chance to sit down with the game there is a new patch...got to love that kind of speed.

I got a couple of other folks interested in Din's and convincing them to buy the pre-order instead of waiting as Steven said the more pre-orders the longer the game can cook in beta.