PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid bug or intentional?

Arovin
02-05-2010, 11:12 PM
I just noticed that you can make a hybrid and select the same class twice. If you put points into a skill with a cooldown you can use it twice in a row.

For example, I made a Thief/Thief Hybrid (Named Double Thief :)) and when I hit level 2 I put 1 point into Caltrops in the 1st Thief skill tab and Another point into Caltrops in the 2nd Thief skill tab. I then dragged each to the skill bar and could use both of them one right after another and both on a separate timer.

Not sure but you probably exploit buffs skills and passive skills by paying the lower cost twice for each.

This might also be intentional (But I am guessing not) as you are giving up access to more skills for the benefit of doubling up your class skills.

Flailsnail
02-06-2010, 02:25 PM
I noticed this as well, earlier this morning. I felt like it may be an intentional feature, allowing you to make one very powerful specialty at the cost of versatility. I can also see how it might be a bug, but I find myself hoping it's not since it allows you to specialize a character even more if you choose to do so.

Shadow
02-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Well it's not exactly intentional but it is kind of cool. Technically that would boost the possible class total to 159. :) If everything works I might very well leave it in there.

Flailsnail
02-06-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm personally of the opinion that it would be a great feature if it all works properly. Glad to see you're open to that being a possibility.