PDA

View Full Version : Attack Speed Suggestion

tg122
02-06-2010, 07:57 PM
So far, I've notived that every weapon in each category of weapon all has the same attack speed ( ie. every onehanded sword has the same attack speed, every two handed sword has the same attack speed, every one handed axe has the same attack speed, etc, etc). In my oppinion this seems unrealistic because attack speed should be a factor of the weight of the individual weapon, where some one handed swords would be very light and other one handed swords would be much heavier and more awkward to wield.

In my opinion, the weapon system would be much more dynamic if each individual weapon type had it's own average attack speed, which could then be randomly adjusted upwards or downwards to simulate the varying quality of each individual weapon. For example, a shortsword could have a weapon speed of anywhere between 0.75 and 1.05, where most of them are between 0.85 and 0.95. This would account for the fact that different weapons of the same type could be weighted and balanced differently. Just a suggestion.