PDA

View Full Version : Placing Cash in Player/Shared Stash

GeorgiaBoy
02-07-2010, 01:05 AM
...so those lovely Leprochauns cannot grab it. Or maybe mod an item (copper,silver,gold, platinum bar) which keeps its value when you sell it to the vendor. Of course you have to buy (or find) the bar...

Thoughts? Can this be done?

GB

Cadfan
02-07-2010, 01:43 AM
It would be really nice to have a way to protect some of your money from the leprachauns.

freykin
02-07-2010, 05:26 AM
When you kill the leprechauns, do they drop the gold they stole?

For me I've been lucky and they keep triggering riposte before they can steal, so I can stun and slash them down in time. I'm sure that won't continue though.

Lyranaar
02-07-2010, 05:37 AM
I think it would be a nice idea to stash and transfer money between characters. And think about the nice feeling if you can have bags of gold in your stash! :)

Shadow
02-07-2010, 10:40 AM
They do drop all of the gold they have stolen or picked up.

incognoscente
02-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Yep. I've been counting my gold before and after to be sure. :)

Even when a unique Leprechaun stole almost all of my gold, it was dropped on his death (in 5SP bundles). That one was a bit frightening because it was a town scout, and I've had town scouts finish with towns and leave in Depths of Peril. If they still leave after a time in Din's, could you make sure Leprechauns can't be scouts? Otherwise it's just too mean.

GeorgiaBoy
02-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Yep. I've been counting my gold before and after to be sure. :)

Even when a unique Leprechaun stole almost all of my gold, it was dropped on his death (in 5SP bundles). That one was a bit frightening because it was a town scout, and I've had town scouts finish with towns and leave in Depths of Peril. If they still leave after a time in Din's, could you make sure Leprechauns can't be scouts? Otherwise it's just too mean.

Or, if possible, make it moddable so folks would have a choice.

Flailsnail
02-07-2010, 01:19 PM
On the leprechaun note, I don't suppose it would be possible to add in a feature that allows you to automatically pick up all nearby money on the ground?

When you encounter and kill a large group of leprechauns, so much money ends up dropped on the ground that it's incredibly cluttered, and itcan take an unreasonable amount of time to collect it all. some way to pick it up all at once, or just not to have to click each and every pile, would be very welcome I should think. Perhaps money piles within a certain distance of each other could smartly combine into one pile.

getter77
02-07-2010, 08:10 PM
On the leprechaun note, I don't suppose it would be possible to add in a feature that allows you to automatically pick up all nearby money on the ground?

When you encounter and kill a large group of leprechauns, so much money ends up dropped on the ground that it's incredibly cluttered, and itcan take an unreasonable amount of time to collect it all. some way to pick it up all at once, or just not to have to click each and every pile, would be very welcome I should think. Perhaps money piles within a certain distance of each other could smartly combine into one pile.

Definitely, even if it just takes the form of a "coins" button that auto collects the lot of it alongside the merging of a ton of copper or what have you drops into silver for less screen clutter. IIRC, Torchlight has something similar to this going on to streamline things.

GeorgiaBoy
02-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Definitely, even if it just takes the form of a "coins" button that auto collects the lot of it alongside the merging of a ton of copper or what have you drops into silver for less screen clutter. IIRC, Torchlight has something similar to this going on to streamline things.

That or a cash stash would be mighty fine!