PDA

View Full Version : Options to configure world

Lyranaar
02-07-2010, 09:15 AM
I would like to suggest the possibility to configure the world at the creation a bit more.
Especially it would be great to be able to configure if the Dungeon should be smaller, medium or big (say about 6, 9 or about 12 levels eg.).

With fewer players it is often very time consuming to try to finish a 13 Level dungeon town. Often you are to slow to get down fast enough and the map starts getting more difficult due to frequent raids etc.

On the other hand if you have 4 players you will be quite quick finishing a 6 Dungeon town (didn't try yet though).

By giving this option you could allow the player to guess how much time he has to invest into a map and choose accordingly.

Other options that also would be nice to set could be respawn rate or random quests frequency.

Aganazer
02-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Great idea! Just last night my wife and I were trying to decide if we should play another town before bed. We decided we didn't have time for a while 10+ level dungeon so we didn't play. If we could have chosen a 6 level dungeon we definitely would have played.

GeorgiaBoy
02-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Excellent idea! I liked the vanilla Diablo II where the dungeon size was 5 levels myself.

GB

Flailsnail
02-07-2010, 01:21 PM
A very good idea. It would make the game even more accessible than it already is, and allow players to tailor the length of time an adventure lasts. Incredibly useful for cooperative play especially.