PDA

View Full Version : Din beta patch 0.901

Shadow
02-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Beta patch 0.901 of Din's Curse is now available over on the Din's Curse patch page (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Patches.html). Changes can be read here (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Patches/Changes.html).

Lyranaar
02-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Wow! Thanks a lot!
What a change log ...

getter77
02-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Great to see a first meaty patch out so quickly. This should help tremendously with taking things forward.

Shadow
02-07-2010, 07:59 PM
I should mention a few things. The balancing should be better now, but I'm sure it's not perfect yet. I still have a ton of changes I want to do in future patches. And yes there will probably be a number of patches between now and the final release.

freykin
02-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Looks great, I'll give it a test once I'm done with my psych homework. Curious to see how it affects my Defender/Shaman. Also, thanks for making those synergy skills work cross class! I've been intrigued by the trap based skills, so being able to do an elementalist/trapper could be super fun.

redman5427
02-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Very nice patch- did I miss a note about town attacks getting nerfed somewhere?

Also, anything done about the online multiplayer out of synch issues?

Not compaining, this game has been great to play so far and I think you have done a great job with it. It has that "OH crap, how did it get to be one am already" feeling to it.

Shadow
02-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Very nice patch- did I miss a note about town attacks getting nerfed somewhere?

Also, anything done about the online multiplayer out of synch issues

I haven't nerfed town attacks exactly. The events are a tad slower and npcs are stronger though.

I haven't changed anything specifically about multiplayer yet. When are you seeing out of sync types of issues?

Flailsnail
02-08-2010, 03:43 PM
So far the patch is great. Haven't run into any new or exciting bugs to speak of yet.

I did notice a typo, however. When you find a secret and the message displays, it says Secret found1 when presumably it's supposed to be Secret found!

Cougar_DK
02-08-2010, 05:01 PM
What an impressive change list. Looking forward to try it out.

redman5427
02-08-2010, 05:57 PM
I have only been able to play a few sessions
One guys game I joined and I saw the town but my character never materialized and then the server kicked me out

I hosted and Krustee was able to join but he told me he had serious sync issues. Of course he was in Australia and I am in Michigan so that could account for it lol.

There never seems to be anyone playing online so maybe at one point you could ask for some participation in testing it and a bunch of us could jump on

Iane
02-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Can I suggest with the use of spells that if a enemy is targeted with the mouse that the spell is directed at that enemy - as it is your spells will go willy nilly all over place - it seems they have a mind of there own and target the enemy you highlight when they feel like it.

ShaggyMoose
02-08-2010, 08:10 PM
I have only been able to play a few sessions
There never seems to be anyone playing online so maybe at one point you could ask for some participation in testing it and a bunch of us could jump on
Anyone else in South America interested in a game?

Shadow
02-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Can I suggest with the use of spells that if a enemy is targeted with the mouse that the spell is directed at that enemy - as it is your spells will go willy nilly all over place - it seems they have a mind of there own and target the enemy you highlight when they feel like it.

In general it is suppose to do what you say, any specific spell you are having issues with?

Iane
02-08-2010, 10:25 PM
any from ice mage fire mage etc so far - I've noticed if there is anything close by ( enemy or destroyable ) it will target that 1st and not the highlighted enemy - would you like me to make a movie for you through fraps.

Also a no spawn or camp zone around lvl spawns would be nice - many times you can jump to a new lvl only to be assaulted by high lvl mobs who camp there :(

Lyranaar
02-09-2010, 05:53 AM
Also a no spawn or camp zone around lvl spawns would be nice - many times you can jump to a new lvl only to be assaulted by high lvl mobs who camp there :(

Nice idea!
It's always annoying if you go down into a new level and first thing you see is the grin of the evil Overlord or his right hand. For casters especially.

Secondly it's nice to get all the team down (and all new monsters precached, takes some minor time now and then) to live and die in unison.

Neophyte Coprolite
02-09-2010, 08:42 AM
I operate a Mac. When the installer runs it indicates errors. Please reinstall.
I have tried 4 times to no avail.
What wrong? Help.
Thanks

Shadow
02-09-2010, 09:08 AM
I operate a Mac. When the installer runs it indicates errors. Please reinstall.
I have tried 4 times to no avail.
What wrong? Help.
Thanks

You might want to redownload the patch and see if that helps. If it doesn't what version of OSX are you using?

Neophyte Coprolite
02-09-2010, 09:25 AM
You might want to redownload the patch and see if that helps. If it doesn't what version of OSX are you using?

Thanks for replying. I redownloaded and tried again. Same message. I operate OSX 10.4.11

Shadow
02-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks for replying. I redownloaded and tried again. Same message. I operate OSX 10.4.11

Do you have admin rights or whatever it's called in OSX? It might be possible that you don't have the rights necessary to overwrite stuff in the directory where you installed it.

freykin
02-09-2010, 09:47 AM
I've had a weird chain of events in one world:

I destroyed an altar, and a town raid message popped up saying a renegade was raiding town in response. In reality, she appeared in dungeon level 5.

After killing her and completing all the other quests, the only one left was an optional gathering one.

When I went to go do it, I found a person asking to be rescued.

Right as I rescued her, two identical messages saying she went renegade popped up, and two duplicate deal with the renegade quests appeared in town. I'm guessing her existence was keeping me from completing the town, but until I went down there I had no indication that she existed. Stranger still is that after "rescuing" her, i got a completed quest icon over the steward who was overjoyed that i saved her right before she betrayed us.

Two of her spawned in the same location, and after killing both of them and completing both quests the town was completed.

Wrote this as the chain happened, hopefully it will be helpful in figuring out how it occurred.

Neophyte Coprolite
02-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Do you have admin rights or whatever it's called in OSX? It might be possible that you don't have the rights necessary to overwrite stuff in the directory where you installed it.

It's Ownership & Permission. I made sure they all read - Read & Write. Then I tried reinstalling again - nope, errors. I'm perplexed.

Shadow
02-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Just to get you going, can you install it to a different directory and then manually copy over the files to overwrite the old ones?

vomitousinsight
02-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Every renegade I've killed has had an identical twin

Lyranaar
02-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Possible bug:
Some poison damage is a bit strange yet. The damage from some Nagas read 0.9/sec it rather did 9/sec. Same with one 0.3 poison.
Can't place it yet if it's special enemies or generally a problem with sub 1.0 poison damage.
I'll look more into the damages as they come up.

Another note:
If you have more effects on you than your health/mana is wide you get no tooltips/popups for those. (eg. added poison/fire)

Lyranaar
02-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Update to Poison:
Couldn't verify again. Perhaps I confused it with an additional acid effect. Not sure yet.

In any case the acid of the Nagas seems quite harsh, much damage and ruining equipment at the same time. Perhaps halving it would feel more balanced overall.

Shadow
02-09-2010, 09:10 PM
In any case the acid of the Nagas seems quite harsh, much damage and ruining equipment at the same time. Perhaps halving it would feel more balanced overall.

Acid and naga priests are getting an adjust in the next patch.

ShaggyMoose
02-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Some more random comments and observations.

- At level 18 as a Ranger now and still finding the game balance is okay up to around dungeon level 7 or 8, then things get nasty quickly. But the game is definately fun at this point.
- Had some severe performance degradation at one point. Game become extremely choppy, when normally its completely smooth. Not sure this is cause or a symptom, but I found that the room I was in contained a statue (one of those dark brown ones that looks like a carved animal or something). When the statue was destroyed, the game went back to normal. There was nothing else in the room.
- Found a problem with overlapping windows when viewing equipment. There is an ultra small screenshot attached (ss0000 mini.jpg). If its not enough to clearly show the problem, let me know.
- There seems to be a point in most worlds where I just run out of missions.

Aganazer
02-09-2010, 10:23 PM
- Had some severe performance degradation at one point. Game become extremely choppy, when normally its completely smooth. Not sure this is cause or a symptom, but I found that the room I was in contained a statue (one of those dark brown ones that looks like a carved animal or something). When the statue was destroyed, the game went back to normal. There was nothing else in the room.

That has happened to me a couple times. I have no idea what triggers it but I've seen is happen for what seems like a whole level or more.

I had a multiplayer quest bug. The other player declined a failed quest. It disappeared from my quest list. I was then unable to accept another quest even though the quest slot was empty. I had to click on the blank area where the quest was, decline it, then I could accept another quest.

We had to abandon a town once because it was too hard. We were level 10 and the town was started at difficulty level 8. Some of the mid levels were too hard and we abandoned it after about 5 deaths each with no real progress.

We were unable to complete a quest to find an alter. We couldn't find the alter anywhere on the level. We searched for a long time for a secret wall but didn't find anything. It even looked like there was a part of the map that wasn't filled and may contain more rooms, but there was no secret door. We still had some respawn so I'm sure we were on the right level for the quest.