PDA

View Full Version : Typos found, post them here.

Wantonius
02-09-2010, 02:23 PM
I started this thread so there would be one place for all typos found. People have found some typos already but I thought that this way we could keep these separate. Easier to find and also easier not to post one twice.

One I found was creature called Posionmaw. Sounds positively futuristic but probably a typo.

Flailsnail
02-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Upon finding a secret, the message reads as "Secret found1" instead of "Secret found!"

ShaggyMoose
02-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Upon finding a secret, the message reads as "Secret found1" instead of "Secret found!"
I found that the exclamation marks look a lot like the number 1. It was especially amusing when I got teleported by a trap to the 9th level and it looked like it said level 91! I nearly choked! Still died before I got a teleporter. :o

FloodSpectre
02-10-2010, 02:01 PM
I was planning on starting this thread myself, but it seems I've been saved the trouble :)

I only have one more, at the moment. If you highlight "Damage" on the character sheet, the popup has a typo, it's mussing the F in successful.

FloodSpectre
02-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Found some new ones.

The help message describing Fragile Items misspells Obsidian twice as Obisidian. On an unrelated note, it seems rather odd to make armor from obsidian, though I could see crystal working, I guess.

Additionally, the Ego Items help message should have a colon after the words "have one thing in common".

When completing a "Destroy the Evil gate" quest, it should probably say "The Evil Gate has been destroyed" (The word the is missing currently).

When speaking to the Apothecary, I was told that "Gods breath created life". I think it should be Gods' in this case.

There are several events that pop up and are missing periods at the end. Primarily, any event ending in the name and floor of the dungeon is missing one, as well as the "Din is looking for an evil artifact" event and the "monster-name-here has plans to raid the town" event. "Failed find plans quest" is also missing a period, and any event of a creature entering into your bestiary is as well. Finally, both successful and failed lock picking attempts and the discovery of a lesser vault are missing punctuation.

incognoscente
02-12-2010, 01:25 AM
When speaking to the Apothecary, I was told that "Gods breath created life". I think it should be Gods' in this case.
This one can go two ways:
1. single God: God's breath
2. multiple Gods: The Gods' breath (the article the informs the reader to expect a plural)

edit: Ohshi-- just recognized that I was committing an error of my own. As the individual breaths of multiple Gods, it should be the mouthful: The Gods' breaths. If you're going this route, it may be worthwhile to rewrite the sentence. :)

FloodSpectre
02-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Good point, I missed the fact that "breath" should be pluralized entirely. I suppose a "the" at the beginning isn't a bad idea either ;)

FloodSpectre
02-13-2010, 08:32 PM
When I destroy an Earthquake Machine, people will say "Finally! Someone killed Earthquake Machine." While this works fine for unique enemies, it might be good to have a different wording for machines (I suspect this same message comes up for Darkness Machines, but I haven't confirmed it yet). "Someone destroyed that ... Machine.", or something of that sort.

Valgor
02-13-2010, 09:10 PM
The tooltip for the numbers displaying the player's current amount of carried items versus the avaiable inventory space (right next to the current amount of gold) says "LootCarryingCapacity"...

Also, the regeneration "buff" that's active while using Din's Altar is labeled as "Lifestone Regeneration".
Granted, its effects are the same as the actual Lifestones' regeneration (healing 6% of health and mana per second), but it would make more sense to call it something like "Din's Blessing" or "Recovering at Din's Altar".

FloodSpectre
02-14-2010, 03:39 PM
The quest description for Destroy the Recon Totem has a few. "The more they know about the town, the more likely the will attack us in same way." This should be "...the more likely they will attack us in some way".

The meeting between monsters quest also has a typo. "They are trying to negotiation a truce." You might also want to have it say "keep them at war." At the end of the description there should be a line break. Currently it ends as "...war on us.Kill monstername (monstertype)" and then breaks for the next monster.

FloodSpectre
02-17-2010, 11:17 PM
The quest to destroy an evil altar has a somewhat odd name, "Destroy the evil altar curse". You might want to drop "curse" off the name. The description needs an "is" in the second sentence, where it says "It cursing more and more.."

When a quest or event mentions an elite or a hunter whose creature type starts with a vowel it should say "an" instead of "a", as in the case of Asp Naga Priests or Urchin Hunters for example.

In regards to the dialog about beheading traitors, "killed" needs to have a lower case k ("You Killed Sibyl in the field...").

A minor typo in the bestiary about Saurian Mages has a space before the comma after "Strong", though that last sentence sounds a little odd to me and makes me wonder if a word was left out entirely?

A dialog tells me the gods don't have time to make nobodys, but this should be "nobodies" instead.

I'm not sure if this is true of all Naga, but when fighting Viper Naga I noticed the word Naga is in lower case in their name, whereas any other multi-word creature name has each word capitalized.

icekrystal10
02-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Unsure if this has been mentioned before:

Soulshiver (a Apparition) should read:

Soulshiver (an apparition) or
Soulshiver (an Apparition)

Valgor
02-20-2010, 08:16 PM
The debuff applied when stamina drops to zero is called "NoStamina".
Maybe it should be called "Exhausted" or "Exhaustion" instead...

icekrystal10
02-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Please delivery this information to Trahamilton as quickly as possible.

Should be:

Please deliver this information...

FloodSpectre
02-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Rawhide Shoulder items have shoulder in lower case, which breaks consistency with item naming conventions.

Wantonius
02-26-2010, 01:15 PM
In quest giving:
Kill X Dark Elf Mercenarys
Should be Mercenaries

L337GTIMKV
02-28-2010, 05:29 AM
I just found two unique mobs:

Posiondealer and Posionmaw (both are wampires.)

I'm thinking it's suppose to be PoIson, and not Posion. =)

FloodSpectre
02-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Find the buried treasure quest has an odd description, "Find the buried horde treasure". This should probably be "Find the buried treasure hoard."

When you have a quest to find Wisps' charred remains, it adds an extra s to remains in the description.

The bestiary description for Orc says, "weren't quiet dead". Should be quite.

This one isn't a typo, but I think the wording could be better. The last sentence of the quest description for "War with..." may sound better as "Kill enough of the to ensure they leave us alone" or something to that extent. Currently, it sounds a little bit odd. Well, to me it does.

The help text on Secret Doors should be reworded slightly. Something like "...sections of walls are really illusions, and are really secret doors leading to hidden areas."

Valgor
02-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Solving "Retrieve important information from Guy McRandomname" quests for the Steward sometimes still gives me a "Delivered package successfully!" (don't know if that's the exact wording) message.
Incidentally, the dialog button you have to click in order to solve the quest is labeled "Deliver package" in these cases.

FloodSpectre
03-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Warlock's Demon Mastery skill should have an apostrophe on demons in "summoned demons damage".

Ransom messages from monsters are missing the period after the name of the townsperson.

I think the town name of Longbrrok is supposed to be Longbrook.

FloodSpectre
03-14-2010, 03:33 PM
The help message on low mana has a few issues. I kind of feel like I'm being a little over-critical on this one, and I hope I'm not coming across sounding like a know-it-all or an English teacher. :D

In the section talking about mana regeneration it says, "This is also the slowest way however". This might sound better if however were made the first word of the sentence rather than the last.

Then it says, "You can also drink a drink to regain mana over time." Drink a drink sounds pretty odd to me, and the first time I read it I had no idea what was meant. That sentence might sound better as, "There are other drinks available, like Water or Mead, which accelerate your mana regeneration temporarily."

Finally, the end of the message sounds a little strange too. I think the first sentence should read, "Other than these universal methods of recovering mana, every class also has its own innate ways of regaining mana."

Oh, and there's a really minor problem with the Smoke Screen description. It says "freezes target" but the skill doesn't specifically target anything, being an AoE. I'm not sure if you want to change that at all.

Valgor
03-15-2010, 08:41 AM
The text for a quest where an assassin has been sent to town reads "[...] has been sent in town."
Should be "[...] has been sent into town." or "[...] has been sent to town."

Gorgarax
03-16-2010, 08:03 PM
In the new manual section describing stats, the section on stamina describes what happens when you have "no stamina less." It should be "no stamina left"

FloodSpectre
03-21-2010, 12:06 PM
The quest to cure the curse has both a period and an exclamation point at the end of the first sentence.

The lock pick skill description should probably say "A successfully picked lock..."

The -% cast time bonus on items needs a space between Cast and Time.

I've found a number of cases where an item or a skill should have the second word in its name capitalized for consistency's sake. Should I post these all up? I probably will anyways, in any case...

Shadow
03-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Yes post them. I would like everything to be consistent.

FloodSpectre
03-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Alright then, here's what I've found thus far. If I notice any more I'll let you know.

Items:

Broad sword
Skeleton key

Skills:

Crushing blow
Dagger mastery
Defender rage
Lethal blow
Potion and drink bonus
Spot vulnerability

There's a few other instances, mostly quest names, where I'm not actually sure if you want different capitalization. For example I have a quest to get a Dimensional Gate war fragment, and "Dimensional Gate" is capitalized, but then I have a quest to destroy a Recon Totem, but "Recon Totem" isn't capitalized in the name of that quest.

FloodSpectre
03-24-2010, 11:20 PM
One more for capitalization: War club.

Aet
03-25-2010, 02:08 AM
"Success is yours for the taking! You're another town closer to redemption."

It's not technically a typo, but the voiceover I hear at the same time this dialogue pops up states "You are" instead of "You're".

udm
03-25-2010, 06:56 AM
If you equip a weapon that adds to Deep Wounds in one weapon slot, and you equip another weapon of any sort in the second weapon slot, when you switch between slots, Deep Wounds will multiply between both weapons.

To illustrate, here's my savegame (Taylorian)

Gorgarax
03-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Another one.

When I'm looking at the description for an escaped prisoner quest, it says
"The dangerous prisoner INSERTNAMEHERE has has escaped."

FloodSpectre
03-27-2010, 02:14 PM
So, I noticed I can just look at the database files instead of clicking on chat repeatedly... ;) Looking around, I found a handful of chats that need to capitalize the word Gods.

From the Warmaster: "I've never doubted the gods", "Praise the gods! Praise Din and Thaden!", and "By the gods, we will destroy our enemies!" should have the word capitalized.

This one is iffy, I'm not sure if it needs capitalization in this context: "I can feel a god's blessing within you."

In a Vendor's dialogue there was, "May the gods guide you!"

In a Weaponsmith's: "Work and war. It's glory to the gods!"

In Din's dialogue, "You can't always count on even the gods, but change is more steady than the sun."

The Armorsmith has a dialogue, "Armor! Get your Armor!" Armor should be lowercase the second time. He also needs an apostrophe on "days" in, "A hard days work..." and probably an "a" before "Fine killing".

The Gambler says, "Now that you've scoured the deep, why not a little game." I think it should be "why not try a little game?"

Din says, "A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships." This sounds better to me when I add the word "of" after "absence".
He also says, "The road is long, you must preserver". This one needs a period at the end and I'm guessing "preserver" was meant to be "persevere".
There's also, "You're transformation is near completion and your service has changed destinity." It should be "Your transformation", and destiny is misspelled.

That's all I can get at the moment, I need to go get my windshield replaced.

udm
03-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Found one, where bosses with the same name can turn up in the very same world.

Shadow
03-30-2010, 02:53 PM
So, I noticed I can just look at the database files instead of clicking on chat repeatedly... ;) Looking around, I found a handful of chats that need to capitalize the word Gods.

I believe (I could be wrong) that when you are talking about a generic group, like gods, it should be lower case. If you are using it as a specific name, like God from the bible, it should be capitalized.

FloodSpectre
03-30-2010, 06:57 PM
I looked it up and you're right, you do use the lowercase "gods" for a polytheistic pantheon or just when referring to more than one god. Sorry about that then.

udm
03-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Got one: weapon vendor says "You there, this here weapon I carry is called Vera. She ain't for sell..."

udm
03-31-2010, 02:26 PM
Found another one: if a townsperson turns into an undead, and he gets killed by another townsperson, when you talk to a random townsperson, he'll say "Too bad XXXX got killed by a <blank>."

So it will read something like "Too bad Dmitri got killed by a ."

Valgor
03-31-2010, 08:38 PM
A blunt weapon smith just greeted me with the words "Humph... You're not a runt it you like 'em blunt!"
Should be "[...] if you like 'em blunt!"

Aet
03-31-2010, 11:07 PM
"An altar has built to serve the goddess..."

Missing the word been. v0.912

Valgor
04-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Fresh from the mouth of Lucia, a Fancy Vendor : "How are you? Don't say good, because it makes people suspicion. Dark times breed paranoia."
Should be "[...] because it makes people suspicious. [...]"

Valgor
04-21-2010, 01:06 PM
On the Other Stats screen, the pop-up information for Perception reads "x% chance perceive Lvl y trap correctly"
Should be "x% chance to perceive Lvl y trap correctly"

Also, there's a missing space between "Damage" and triple-digit (possibly quadruple-digit as well) minimum damage numbers on the regular stats screen.