PDA

View Full Version : Quest Failed?

GeorgiaBoy
02-09-2010, 04:18 PM
The info box stated I failed a quest, but I never accepted that particular quest (version .90). Intended or not?

Thanks,

GB

P.S. Just ran into the elven assasin..gotta love dropping dead in a hurry! Also got an Artifact (Purple) as a drop! Anybody get a Legendary?

ShaggyMoose
02-09-2010, 06:48 PM
The info box stated I failed a quest, but I never accepted that particular quest (version .90). Intended or not?
Happens fairly often. I think its when a non-optional quest that you didn't take expired. I could be wrong.

Also got an Artifact (Purple) as a drop! Anybody get a Legendary?
I got a legendary bow in the first two minutes of gameplay with my first character! Then a chainmail vest sometime after that. Neither of them were really that great.

Kruztee
02-09-2010, 08:51 PM
I saw a legendary sword at a vendor in town once, but I didn't have the money to buy it.
:(

Flailsnail
02-09-2010, 10:57 PM

I've experienced this as well. I believe it's intended. What's happening is there's a non-optional quest in town that you didn't accept that has expired. Whether you accept the quest or not, the time limit is still attached.

It's more noticeable what's going on when it's a quest to interrupt a meeting between two bosses, for example. If you don't take the quest and get to them in time, they will conclude their meeting and go their separate ways. It's a feature of the dynamic quest system.

It makes for some tense moments occasionally.