PDA

View Full Version : Spawn rate too fast

Konan
02-10-2010, 02:41 PM
There is one dungeon that seems to have very fast spawn rate. Maybe my character was clearing the level too slowly but once I am done wiping out one side the map, the other is complete filled up and vice versa. I think this only happens with level that has those mob generators i.e. totems or triangle things which spawn mobs.

Personally I don't know if we really need to have spawning (except in the case of mob generators) since there are endless mobs to kill i.e. just start a new world.

One bug and one possible bug:

1. I could equip an item by boosting my stat with a potion but when the effect of potion is gone, I could still use the item.

2. Possible bug: There is a map where there are locked doors but there is no vendor selling skeleton keys to open them. Maybe I just need to step on one of those teleportation trap?

Thanks

Aganazer
02-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Personally I don't know if we really need to have spawning (except in the case of mob generators) since there are endless mobs to kill i.e. just start a new world.

It would be a nice option at least. I generally dislike respawns in most games (http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showpost.php?p=2084238&postcount=193) unless they are triggered by something specific like the MOB generator or some quest related event. It feels more natural like that.

1. I could equip an item by boosting my stat with a potion but when the effect of potion is gone, I could still use the item.

The same thing works very nicely with the Druid's strength buff. I don't mind this at all.

2. Possible bug: There is a map where there are locked doors but there is no vendor selling skeleton keys to open them. Maybe I just need to step on one of those teleportation trap?

You should be able to beat the door down by attacking it. My wife has a bad habit of throwing fireballs at every door she sees without even checking to see if its locked. Then I get burned by the smoldering door frame! :D

Flailsnail
02-10-2010, 03:58 PM

Thanks

This is not a bug. You can attack doors and objects and destroy them if they're blocking your path. Simply target the door and either use the default attack skill that every character starts with, or use an attack ability.

Essentially, when in doubt, start trying to kill the object. You can destroy everything from doors to life/mana crystals and beyond.

Konan
02-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks. I didn't realize it. I just click the door with my default left button for attack and it just says door locked. Maybe it should have default to breaking the door instead. I'll try it later tonight.

Shadow
02-10-2010, 04:19 PM
My wife has a bad habit of throwing fireballs at every door she sees without even checking to see if its locked. Then I get burned by the smoldering door frame! :D

I find this very amusing for some reason. :)