PDA

View Full Version : How do I finish the town?

andlar
02-10-2010, 03:26 PM
I've explored down to the bottom level, finished all the quests shown by my town's people, gotten my FireMage/Defender up to about level 8, but I don't know what I need to do to finally save the town.

I have lost a few townspeople, but then recruited a bunch more. What else could I be missing?

Thanks

GeorgiaBoy
02-10-2010, 03:41 PM
I had to do an optional quest (the only quest available), then I got the final quest.

Flailsnail
02-10-2010, 03:54 PM
There is occasionally a bug where the final quest to save the town won't show up, I believe. Make sure to check each townsperson in the buildings. It can be hard to see if they have a quest without entering each building and checking. Do a bit of exploring if you can, and if nothing comes up then you'll need to simply abandon that town and start a new one.

It's a bit of a pain, but all you miss out on is the reward chest.

Shadow
02-10-2010, 04:21 PM
I've explored down to the bottom level, finished all the quests shown by my town's people, gotten my FireMage/Defender up to about level 8, but I don't know what I need to do to finally save the town.

I have lost a few townspeople, but then recruited a bunch more. What else could I be missing?

It's probably a bug that I've fixed for version 0.902. I would just start a new town with your character.

Kruztee
02-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Rather than start a new thread, I'll just add to this one. Here's another town that seemingly can't be saved also. There are already a couple of quests from townspeople that I've simply abandoned. Those were the "get revenge on XXX for killing YYY" types. Although I did indeed kill both boss monsters as required, they never changed to "completed" status and I couldn't hand them in. These were optional quests anyway, so it didn't bother me too much.

But now I'm supposed to reactivate a defensive totem on lvl 3. I've combed the area multiple times now, and unless I'm somehow missing a secret area somewhere, I don't see how I'm going to win this one. The totem has just gone AWOL.

ShaggyMoose
02-10-2010, 10:02 PM
But now I'm supposed to reactivate a defensive totem on lvl 3. I've combed the area multiple times now, and unless I'm somehow missing a secret area somewhere, I don't see how I'm going to win this one. The totem has just gone AWOL.
This is exactly the same problem I am having. Same quest, same level even. No other quests left in town at all. I have searched the level from top to bottom and cannot find any more illusion walls. I think the mission and hence the town is broken. :(