PDA

View Full Version : Great game: some suggestions

Warlock
02-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Hi everyone,

Just bought the beta and I'm loving the game so far. I can already tell I will play this far more than I did Torchlight (after you finish that game there's no urging to do it again). I am playing a warlock so far and have some suggestions:

Add more monster sounds. They all make that same sound they did in DoP. For those of you who played Doom, back in the day, you could tell exactly what monster was around the corner by it's distinct sound. The illusion that we're in some deep cavern is lost when each monster makes the same sound, regardless of its size.

Summoned demons move like they have sludge in their pants. Give that bad boy some glide in his stride and have him keep up with me. Let's get the demons more aggressive and have them wailing on things. Let us choose to have it defensive or all out crazy. These are demons, after all and I tend to think they want to tear off limbs and drink marrow from bones. I love the demons, by the way. Very badass.

When we discover a healing stone or trap, etc. allow it to show up and stay on the map. I have the world's worst memory and need something like that.

Possibly add town portal scrolls so when all hell breaks loose we can get to town. Maybe have them fall off quest monsters as a reward.

When we rescue people, they kind of just vanish. For immersion, it would be cool if we saw them run off screen or use a portal, given to them by us, to town.

I'm not a huge fan of the moaning sounds in the dungeons. Sounds like creepy kids. Did I mention it sounds like creepy kids?

Need some skin tones in the game. Not everyone is the same color.

The robes in the game don't look like robes, they look like shirts. I'd like a robe as a caster please:)

That's all for now. Thanks for the great game.

Warlock

getter77
02-12-2010, 10:10 PM
You can use skills with right-click...just gotta cycle to the bottom right box highlight with the arrow keys or mousewheel if set for it. I think either the manual or ingame tooltips mention it someplace.

Warlock
02-12-2010, 11:31 PM
You can use skills with right-click...just gotta cycle to the bottom right box highlight with the arrow keys or mousewheel if set for it. I think either the manual or ingame tooltips mention it someplace.

Hmmm, cool, I'll look for that option. It will make me happy:)

Warlock