PDA

View Full Version : MASSIVE Character animation issue..

L337GTIMKV
02-13-2010, 04:08 AM
I just pre-ordered this game last night, and immediately noticed a huge animation issue with my character (Male and female..) My "running" animation is completely broken, and seems to stop and reset after maybe 2 or 3 frames, making my running appear well... stupid and broken to say the least.

Unfortunately, I don't have fraps and a screenshot would be useless to illustrate this issue.. What concerns me the most is that I have not seen anyone else mention this problem, so I seem to be unique with this particular issue.

Oddly, there is ONE area in the entire game where the animation seems to work... sorta. Right in the center of the town center area, my animation sometimes seems to work normally, but if I stray more than like 5 "feet" from that spot.. It completely and utterly breaks again.

My specs are:
Windows XP fully updated (it's on automatic)
Q6600 Quad-core 2.4 Ghz
4 gigs ram
ATI HD4890 1gb

P.S. I have played both of your other games, and do not experience anything whatsoever like this..

Geezerone
02-13-2010, 09:57 PM
I think this is the same issue I commented on yesterday. Check to see if you have monitor sync turned off. I find that turning on monitor sync smooths out the animation. Monitor sync can be found in game under Options->Graphics->Advanced Graphics.

FloodSpectre
02-14-2010, 11:50 AM
This isn't related to your animation problem, but this seemed like a good place to post my problem, to help keep similar issues together...

I've been playing a Rogue, and if I successfully kill an enemy with a special attack (most frequently Lethal Strike) and I don't try to move or click on anything else immediately after the kill, my character will occasionally perform the attack again in place. It doesn't seem to cost any mana and it doesn't hit any enemies nearby if I'm still surrounded, and it also doesn't inhibit my gameplay in any way. It's just a bit odd and should be worth checking out.

Shadow
02-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Is the original animation issue stated in this thread still happening? I've looked for an issue but haven't found any specific problems. Although I've changed a lot of stuff since then.

L337GTIMKV
02-21-2010, 02:48 AM
Since I posted this topic, I have discovered something that I hope may shed some light on the subject.. I can make the issue go away if I have Windows Media Player running (Not playing anything, just running..) If I do NOT have it running however, my characters running animation is completely wonky. (Still occurs after last patch..) It's as if it can only play the first 2 or 3 frames, then resets the animation.

On a side note, as has already been aluded to by other posters, melee viability is seriously lacking (Survivability specifically..) I think this is due to mob difficulty spikes that are too extreme (level 10ish) and item scaling being FAR too slow.

Also, most of the "procs" on items do not work whatsoever. (Frost nova immediately comes to mind.)

Beyond these issues however, I am loving this game and can't wait to play the released version.

Shadow
02-21-2010, 11:16 AM
That's even more strange. Did you have the same computer when you played Kivi?

Melee characters are getting various boosts in the next patch.

FloodSpectre
02-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Also, most of the "procs" on items do not work whatsoever. (Frost nova immediately comes to mind.)

I have a rogue who was, for a few levels, running an item with about a 2% frost nova proc chance and it definitely would go off here and there. The issue may be in the fact that I think it only procs if you're actually hit, so if you're evasive enough you might not see it happen too often.

On a related note, I swear I've seen the nova freeze me once or twice too.

L337GTIMKV
02-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Firstly thanks for your prompt response to this issue, it's nice to see a developer that is actually responsive to it's playerbase..

As to your question, yes this is the same computer I had when playing both DoP and Kivi (I only played the demo for Kivi however..) I had zero issues with graphics and/or animations with either of those games. As a test, I ran DoP without WMP running to see if a similar issue would surface, but the game ran just fine.

I have a suggestion regarding itemization, as it is a bit dull in it's present state. (Certainly no offense intended.)

Rather than have 2 item "tiers" (Purple/Blue) that are basically the same as the uniques with some random modifier on it... Make the Blue/Purple tier like a super rare (With no pre-set mods) but have it generate more mods on average, and make the mods like 33% stronger for the Purple color, and 50% stronger for the Blue tier. Also, if possible add some modifiers that only these higher tiers can "roll".. Maybe also remove some of the less beneficial mods for these tiers as well. (Light intensity as an example)

Again, thanks for reading and responding in such a timely fashion and I hope you at least consider the above suggestion.