PDA

View Full Version : Most aggravating monster type?

chk_ngts
02-13-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm not necessarily talking most deadly here, but the ones that make you just grit your teeth and say "Oh, not these [your favorite expletive here]s again!" when they appear.

For my money, it's the Brood variants. They always seem to appear at the worst possible time, and never in groups of less than 50. Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's not uncommon to be moving along, maybe creeping up on a tough Unique and planning your attack, only to suddenly be surrounded by 4 or 5 of the ugly buggers. My best character's kill/death ratio with these things is 242 to 3, so it's not like they're a huge threat, but boy are they annoying.

2nd place goes to the Dark Elf Assassin. Not terribly hard to kill (I have a legendary ego weapon that does +200% damage to dark elves), but all it takes is one hit of that poison and you better hope you've got a clear line to the nearest healthstone...

So who else am I forgetting?

Kruztee
02-14-2010, 05:46 AM
You forgot the amorphs, which get my vote hands down.

GeorgiaBoy
02-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Aggravating? Amorphs because of their lovely spawn. Gives lots of distraction for a Dark Elf Assassin to kill you...

However, Amorphs remind me of the 'Herb' from the Bard's Tale series...don't get rid of them!

GB

chk_ngts
02-15-2010, 05:10 AM
Amorphs only really get on my nerves when their mobs slow me down as I'm trying to get to or from something. Although it is annoying when you take a normal one down and all of a sudden you're dealing with champions or elites. Same with plaguebringers and their spawn.

graffen69
05-08-2010, 06:30 AM
Most aggrivating and dangerous mobs: Horrors... by far!
Dosent seem to matter how high my resists are, a couple of Horrors casting those Ice Rains and whats not kills me insanly fast. I cant even regen that amount by Dins Altar.
On the good side, as a Conjurer with a couple of Furys at the front, raising 3-4 of these babys kills anything, i mean ANYTHING...:eek:

TheRani
05-08-2010, 11:25 AM
It's a tie between Horrors and dark elf casters. Not only do they trouble me with their spell spamming, but their AoE spells tend to destroy support beams and set off nearby trapped barrels, etc.

Amorphs are kinda useful when you're on vendor recruiting quests. One monster gives you 7 of your kills pretty quickly.

DeathKnight1728
05-08-2010, 01:16 PM
I find the broods to be the most annoying. They are like rogue/bugs. They'll always seem to attack at the worst time. And the stamina drain.....

However, the idea of them is awesome. I find them to be the coolest new monster to fight in the game.

Warlock
05-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Amorphs drive me crazy, kill one big one, get a trillion little ones. Oh and the big ones are fast as hell. I tried running away when I was low on health and that sucker caught me.

ShaggyMoose
05-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Its a toss up between liches and plagues for me. The spawn rate can become really unmanagable. However, I don't think its as bad in recent builds as it was during the early beta. Honorable mention goes to dark elf wizards as well; damn frost storm spamming!

Viliki
05-23-2010, 10:05 PM
You forgot the amorphs, which get my vote hands down.
Lol yes, if there's a monster for which I say "Ho no not again" it's those, even if I don't remember any have directly killed one of my characters.

Viliki
05-24-2010, 05:50 AM
My final vote go for Scavenger, they don't trigger from me a "ho no not again" but more a "damit here some again".

They are definitely my first cause of character death, directly or indirectly because when I saw one I tend focus on killing it first and that make me lost a more global focus and care.

Greyhead
05-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Oh all of them are annoying, so hard to choose. I guess I'll have to go with anything that has Mana Leech. Especially whenever you're playing as a Mana using class. I go through a lot more drinks while fighting those guys.:mad:

Second would probably be Liches. Though i tend to go after them so fast they can't kill me.