PDA

View Full Version : Fresh off the paper

jshar
02-14-2010, 06:24 AM
v903

We're about level 75 and around about half the items dropping appear to sell for 0 gold, but some actually TAKE money from you. These are some pretty nice items too, surely worth more than -5silver! I think it has something to do with the cost to repair the item coming off as you sell it.

Also, as you near the end of a bracket the games leveling pace slows down too much as you can't host the +20 levels on your character level you were at the start of the bracket. Why not just have all 100 open from the start?

Stash doesnt open properly with your inventory when you have big bags (i think 52 space in whatever various bags). Some of the windows overlap.

The level requirement on potions doesn't stop you drinking them.

I think shockwave is still not freezing? It still shows your set bonus when u mouse over another players set, too.

I was going to wait till i had a little more to report but the money bug is a massive drain cos we're not making enough money for food and drink and selling requires such a close inspection it takes too long and town gets littered with 0value items. The sooner its known about the better.

Maybe make food and drink cost a lot less? also, who has 2g for a buff potion? no one! Enchantments are only 20 silver and while more rare are way more powerful. For a warriors eating requirements he can hardly ever buy the good items that come up. Let alone risk a flutter at the "only ever grey" gambler. Cheaper consumables all round, i reckon! I dont wanna ever have to run back to town just to heal, how boring :(

Kruztee
02-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Level 75!! Wow, that's all I can say.:eek:

GeorgiaBoy
02-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Level 75 already? Raise the level cap?

getter77
02-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Level 75 already? Raise the level cap?

Still a ways to go to 99 or 100 which I'd imagine the Difficulty mode would cap out on...no real point in a cap raise seeing as how, from what described and earlier seen, it would seem to just turn into a treadmill and offer nothing significantly different.

I'm guessing this must be co-op to some strong degree as with how the scaling is I can't fathom survival save deathbombing at times unless the monster growth somehow just outright stops at some point.

Cadfan
02-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Ooh, I hadn't thought about that issue with the leveling rate.

In DoP, the only reason that leveling at high levels was any fun was that you could do story quests that were drastically above your character level. The experience from regular quests was just too trivially low, as was the experience from monsters of your level. As I approached level 100, the game became less fun for me because I could no longer do quests sufficiently above my character level to grant sufficient rewards.

Din's Curse stops you from creating towns above your character level, and doesn't save all of your portals on the lower levels of dungeons. This means that at level 92, I'll have to actually complete 92nd level quests and fight my way through hordes of 92nd level monsters, which will be fine if the character power and monster power stay appropriate, but if they become unmatched like in DoP, I'll need some way of adjusting things manually by selecting higher level towns than the level of my character.

jshar
02-18-2010, 03:18 AM
has this been read? This is important stuff!

Guenwhyever
02-18-2010, 04:48 AM
I can say with a fair bit of confidence that Shadow has read this.
He reads everything (if not, very close to) that passes through these forums.

With all his bug-fixing, promoting the game, and real life he doesn't have time to respond to each thing though ;)

A couple things (at least 1) in your post were fixed with this most recent patch as well (and you were even given credit in the patch notes)!
# repair and identify costs now scale (inversely) with level (jshar)

Shadow
02-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Yes, I've read it. The money thing and drinking potions above your level have been fixed and food is now less expensive.

I looked at shock wave and it looks like it is working. Each shockwave has a 25% chance of shocking if I remember correctly (and it is per wave not per monster).