PDA

View Full Version : Minor suggestion for quick slots

FloodSpectre
02-14-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm hoping this idea wouldn't be too hard to implement, because I think it'd make things a bit more convenient at times. When I select an attack from the quick bar at the bottom of the screen, currently it uses that attack on whichever enemy I currently have selected (usually the last enemy I attacked). This aspect of the quick bar is fine for me, but if I have no enemy selected it just tells me I can't use that skill right now. Instead, why not allow me to choose the skill and then give me a targeting cursor to pick an enemy?

The usual situation where I would really like to be able to do this is with conditional attacks, like Precise Strike and Critical Strike. I often instantly kill an enemy with a critical hit from Lethal Blow while I'm stealthed, and this of course allows me to use the Critical Strike attack now (which I have set to 2 on the quick bar). But my target is dead, so I need to click on another target, and then hit 2 before my normal attack happens. Of course, that might not sound like a problem, but what if I want to maintain stealth? A normal attack will certainly reveal me, but the Critical Strike tends to be an insta-kill versus most weaker enemies, and as such will often allow me to remain hidden. If the enemy I want to use this attack on is too close I might use my normal attack before I can hit 2. This doesn't happen often, but just often enough.

On a somewhat related note, sometimes the time limit on these conditional attacks runs out while my character is in the middle of the attack and it cancels itself. This can be a bit of a problem at times, as I'm sure you can imagine. ;)

Shadow
02-15-2010, 11:09 AM
A normal attack will certainly reveal me, but the Critical Strike tends to be an insta-kill versus most weaker enemies, and as such will often allow me to remain hidden. If the enemy I want to use this attack on is too close I might use my normal attack before I can hit 2. This doesn't happen often, but just often enough.

In theory you should be able to just highlight your new enemy and hit 2 and attack it with your critical strike skill.

FloodSpectre
02-15-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm pretty sure this works if they're already in melee range, but I don't think it will if they're more distant. I'll double check and see.

EDIT: I just tried this again to see what happens. If I hit the button (2) it initiates the attack properly against an enemy I'm already fighting, but if I mouse over an enemy and I hit 2 it doesn't work. If I'm not currently in a direct combat situation with an enemy it does nothing, otherwise it just hits the enemy I was already fighting, not the moused over enemy (this is fine though).