PDA

View Full Version : viper34j's general bug report

viper34j
02-17-2010, 01:22 AM
I thought I should create a thread to report all my bugs instead of a new thread each time one pops up.

- Totems have the ability to "spot" me while I'm in stealth. I'm pretty sure this is a bug...

- Occasionally another entity will have a super long health or mana bar (screenshot).

- There appear to be a few issues with raise dead. Sometimes a newly raised minion will attack other players in a multi-player game. It seemed to happen a lot with the standard Ambushing Brood mob type, but that may have just been a coincidence. Also, sometimes the new mob will fight with previously raised minions currently under your control. A particularly troublesome Wampire become overly jealous and would murder any other mods I attempted to raise.

viper34j
02-17-2010, 01:13 PM
- While stealthed, damage indicators do not appear above enemies heads when I hit them with a bow.

FloodSpectre
02-17-2010, 02:04 PM
- Totems have the ability to "spot" me while I'm in stealth. I'm pretty sure this is a bug...

Dimensional Gates can do this as well, but they don't seem to quite as often. I like to stealth my way through all the mobs to take them down first, and it sucks when you get revealed before destroying it.

viper34j
02-18-2010, 11:25 AM
- Fire damage on objects like doors and barrels appears to spread back onto themselves. If a single door is hit by a single fire attack, the initial damage from the hit occurs and then a dot starts to take effect. However, I've noticed that the dot appears to spread exponentially onto the same object. Follow me here...

A barrel with 300 hp is hit by a fire arrow for 30 damage. A dot is applied that takes 10 hp per second over 5 seconds (fictional numbers). I would expect that at the end of the dot the barrel would still have 220 hp left, but this is not what currently happens. The dot that is applied is fire damage. This dot-caused fire damage then triggers an additional "burning" attribute that causes another dot to start. The damage numbers that emit from the barrel during the dots looks something like this...

9 11
11 10 11 9
10 9 10 11 12 9 10 11
11 8 11 12 10 8 11 10 11 10 11 9 10 11 8 9
ect...

This continues until the barrel is dead. The real kicker to this issue is that what is left when the barrel dies is this thermite like fire damage tile that is ticking for massive amounts of damage each second (plus the fire model looks weird when there are so many rendered on top of each other).

Cadfan
02-18-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that the reason the fire stays behind after the barrel is gone is because the rubble burns for a few moments.

But as for the damage over time thing, you may be right.

Shadow
02-18-2010, 01:47 PM
This is mostly on purpose. Things that are made of wood pretty much burn until they are destroyed. Also the more "health" they have, basically the more fuel there is to burn.

viper34j
02-18-2010, 02:07 PM
The glaring issue with this Shadow is that additional sound and model operations are executed for each of these additional "burnings". This causes a weird meshing of audio cues that are executed so close, but not perfectly, together. The same is true of the fire models/effects.

I understand fire spreading to other parts of the item, but should this cause damage exponentially like it is? Why doesn't it work this way when a player or monster entity is placed on fire? The mechanic doesn't quite seem to be handled gracefully by the current setup.

Caal
02-18-2010, 07:24 PM
I have a small bug - when my hunter is able to use the "infused energy" skill, the message "Can't use yet" always pops up, although the skill itself appears to work.

FloodSpectre
02-18-2010, 07:27 PM
I have a small bug - when my hunter is able to use the "infused energy" skill, the message "Can't use yet" always pops up, although the skill itself appears to work.

I occasionally get this when using my Rogue's Speed Concentration as well.

Gutsman
02-19-2010, 05:08 AM
Another possible bug with stealth. It bugs me, anyway.

If you run away and re-stealth after agroing some monsters, they will still keep following you. Even if you break line of sight. Once they catch up and get line of sight on you, they immediately spot you and break your stealth.

viper34j
02-19-2010, 12:56 PM
- Add tooltips that display on-hover for the World Modifiers on the map screen. It would be very helpful, and very cool, if we knew what some of these modifiers meant. Some are self explanatory, others are not so much.

viper34j
02-21-2010, 11:36 PM
- When a client leaves a multiplayer game, any and all soulstones they had become visible to all players. When you attempt to click on it, a message similar to to the one you get when you try to collect more items than you need appears.

Kruztee
02-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Another possible bug with stealth. It bugs me, anyway.

If you run away and re-stealth after agroing some monsters, they will still keep following you. Even if you break line of sight. Once they catch up and get line of sight on you, they immediately spot you and break your stealth.

I have encountered this too, but thought that it might have been intentional. As if the monster was in a heightened state of awareness for a few minutes.

viper34j
02-22-2010, 08:22 PM
- Not sure if this is a bug, but I just finished a Create a Regeneration Obelisk quest and then clicked on the obelisk. It was used, and then it vanished. Is this intended? It doesn't see that this is all that useful as a one use shine when it is no more than 20 ft from din's alter...

Shadow
02-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Yes, but you can't regen in the middle of a town attack very well.

viper34j
02-24-2010, 11:42 AM
- A thief appeared in town and stole from a few vendors. I was then notified that I failed the "Stop the Thief" quest because he ran off with x number of items from the town. However, while sitting at the vendor I noticed a stealthed character just chillin' nearby. I killed him and identified him as the thief that had supposedly left about 15 seconds earlier. Apparently the quest failure didn't despawn the thief as it is supposed to.

viper34j
03-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Updated to 9.06...

- It appears that if a character joins another player's multiplayer game, all checkpoints for the character's own saved game are lost. I noticed this last night when I would join a friends game occasionally to give him items, each time I returned to my own saved game I had to go back through and find my checkpoints (gates) again in order to activate them.