PDA

View Full Version : General Observations of Din's Curse

Neophyte Coprolite
02-17-2010, 08:42 AM
To preface my remarks about Dinís Curse, I will indicate my personal preferences. I have not played many D & D, RPG, and so on games. I am not well versed in all the jargon on the forums. In fact this is the first forum I have ever been involved with. I usually don't participate because so many other members state what I have observed during play.
With that said: I enjoy the graphics of Dinís Curse, the movement and some of the game play. I do not enjoy the difficulty and the doom and gloom of the dungeons, nor the small amount of variation of terrain; and the number of times I have been killed and quickly, though I am playing at Normal difficulty. I also miss having companions and covenants as in DoP and the possibility to cooperate. For me DoP is the best game I have every played and continue to play since June 2008.
A follow up to DoP would hook me immediately. With some of the amazing variation of DC, such as the hybrid classes, and other towns as in Avernum. But movement to other towns, rather than just staying in one place and going downwards.
To finish. I am amazed at the randomness of the games and the individuality of play. Shadow (Steven) you have done an amazing job. I will continue to play Dinís Curse to some degree, hopefully with patches the game will become more balanced. Thanks again, Steven.

viper34j
02-17-2010, 10:54 AM
the number of times I have been killed and quickly, though I am playing at Normal difficulty.

When you generate a new world, select a level a few below your own. Go as low as you feel comfortable. For some of the builds I've been playing with, I've had to do this to get over a hump.

I also miss having companions and covenants as in DoP and the possibility to cooperate.

Would online play interest you? It is very easy to setup and can be amazingly fun. Right now there are so few people playing that it can be hard to find a server, but if you know someone with the game it becomes very easy.

Cadfan
02-17-2010, 11:44 AM
While I respect your take on the two games, I have to point out that at least some aspect of Din's are still up in the air during the playtest. For example, I suspect that the difficulty is still being adjusted.

Neophyte Coprolite
02-17-2010, 12:18 PM
When you generate a new world, select a level a few below your own. Go as low as you feel comfortable. For some of the builds I've been playing with, I've had to do this to get over a hump.

Would online play interest you? It is very easy to setup and can be amazingly fun. Right now there are so few people playing that it can be hard to find a server, but if you know someone with the game it becomes very easy.

I have the level as low as I can go. Currently I am doing better. I still don't care for dungeons

I don't like multiplayer games. However I thank you for your kindness.:)