PDA

View Full Version : Comments Post 9.04 Patch

Cadfan
02-17-2010, 09:15 PM
1. I lost a "monster meeting" quest without ever finding the second monster. It was just a dread dog, so it wasn't hidden from me. I don't know if this was the game spawning the second monster on the other side of a wall, or whether I just couldn't find it in time because it was a big area and an NPC was right in the middle stirring everything up.

2. When you complete a town, while you're selecting what level at which to start your next town, you still hear background noises from your completed town. This includes the "new quest available" noise. Of course, the "back" button on that screen doesn't actually work, so you can't go back to see what the quest was.

That's all I've got for now. I'm having fun.

Dhakczak
02-17-2010, 10:13 PM
I just patched to .904 and the first town I generated is keeping me insanely busy: Some bad guy keeps sending thieves to town, never had those before and killed 3 already, renegades are all over the place (probably because I'm lazy and slow at the thieves-killing business), by now 4 of them are slain and one even assaulted me inside the caves. I'm on level 3 now and the foul "Demonstench" has built an earthquake machine on level 8 already, while another baddie is building tons of totems on level 6. Obviously there are earthquakes every 3-4 minutes and the dungeon keeps throwing hordes of amorphs at me ...

I'm definitely not complaining, it's challenging, fast and hilarious, my best town until now and the game starts to show its potential of surprises. Though I'm not sure how much of this is due to changes in the patch.

It seems like I'm also getting quite a few more food and potion drops and the lowered food prices are *much* appreciated. My char is a gladiator / shaman (very entertaining combo btw.) and despite being mostly melee and wolfing down quite a few quails he's *not* flat broke at level 7 :)

Cadfan
02-18-2010, 12:09 AM
I recently had my warmaster killed. I don't know how long I've been playing since his death, maybe 15 minutes or more, but I still don't have a quest to get a new warmaster. I've got three completed quests that all require him, or another dead NPC. This seems a bit too long to go without one of the main quest givers. I'm not sure the town is completable without him, as we've had monster uprisings that I can't officially obtain as quests.

Drakos
02-18-2010, 09:27 AM
I've run into a problem twice now where I am supposed to rescue someone in the dungeon and they die because they run into flaming doorways or barrels to chase down a monster. It would be nice if they had a healthy respect for fire.

Overall though, I've got to say that I am having a lot of fun with this game.:D

Aganazer
02-18-2010, 09:34 AM
2. When you complete a town, while you're selecting what level at which to start your next town, you still hear background noises from your completed town. This includes the "new quest available" noise. Of course, the "back" button on that screen doesn't actually work, so you can't go back to see what the quest was.

On a related note, back in .903 I was able to click on an NPC and then while my character was walking to the NPC, click the Complete Town button immediately afterward. The NPC's dialog options would then pop up during the Create New Town screen.

FloodSpectre
02-18-2010, 07:11 PM
I find it odd that Darkness Machines can spawn with Champion special abilities. I encountered one that had Minor Life Steal yesterday, which is something I'd like to see it try to use on me. ;) I think I'd also be amused by a Major Giant Darkness Machine...

I think I've seen this one brought up elsewhere, but I'll mention it regardless. Monster statues still remain standing and unchanged (other than no longer being targetable) when destroyed.

I received a quest to avenge a townsperson's sister where I was expected to believe that she had been killed by a Recon Totem. :D For starters, that's just plain implausible, but besides that, the quest description was kind of messed up.

When you hover your mouse over "create new world", it mentions bringing over all your recruits to the new world. I'm guessing the description was pulled straight from DoP.

I had a quest to kill one of Din's Cursed. When I finally found her, she appeared to be a Horror, but I'm not really sure as I haven't actually encountered one yet. In any case, she simply fled from me as I pummeled her and when she finally died the quest still ended properly. I'm not sure if Din's Cursed should have this happen to them or if this was simply a fluke.

Cadfan
02-18-2010, 07:17 PM
My character at level 31 is finding the game to get far too difficult. My damage output seems nice, but I take so much damage that I often can't drink potions or eat food fast enough to stay alive. I have relatively so so defense, but relatively solid armor.

Greyhead
02-19-2010, 12:40 PM
When I started up a new town it had both the traits Bright & Darkness. :confused: I do love the names above NPCs now

Cadfan
02-19-2010, 02:21 PM
The "start new town" page is glitched occasionally. I'm level 34, I think, and I have previously started towns using the higher difficulty options on the right. This time, when I went to start a new town, it wouldn't let me choose champion. It only showed the 1-24 options in the column of levels, and it greyed out the buttons on the right. Still, it let me automatically start at the default for my level, which seems to be level 32.

FloodSpectre
02-19-2010, 07:21 PM
The Warmaster, Apothecary and Steward are always missing some health now whenever I reload my game or start a new town.

FloodSpectre
02-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Okay, it looks like all the vendors have the same problem mentioned above as well, not just the three main quest-givers.

When you get a defensive totem in your town it can spawn inside of other objects, like Din or his altar. Regardless, they still really help in those town invasions. Thanks for adding them in!

icekrystal10
02-21-2010, 02:54 AM
I noticed the same thing now that you mentioned it: my warmaster, apothecary, steward, and Din lose about 10-15% of their health from reloads. At first I thought the lightning storms were damaging them, but it happens even without a lightning storm. They do heal over time though, and all four are not always damaged at the same time.

wunar
02-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Some problems:

— playing almost exclusively with a buddy in a friendly multiplayer, our characters grew to level 26. Still, the world selection wouldn't allow selecting champion difficulty

— healthstones/manastones seem to get (auto-?)targeted too easily, all the time the heroes were destroing the stones, not the nearby standing monsters.

— Too frequently there were something like 13 levels of dungeon generated, but the city would be saved by level 4-5 already.

— The quest journal as it is is unhelpful, and its limits are meaningless (ocassional one or two quests that you can't take are just annoying). As both players anyway are doing the tasks together, it would make much more sense if the quests were properly shared and both players would be on the same, up-to-date information about what needs to be done.

— The "create new world" can't be cancelled (at least obviously), but i'd love to drop out to menu and end playing.

— There can be a travelling seller visiting town, who isn't selling _anything_. Really, ring vendor who isn't selling even one crappy ring? What's he doing there? :)

— as I see, the story is nerfed in the multiplayer? As in "there is no story left" at all? It's a _huge_ pity.

Aganazer
02-21-2010, 12:37 PM
The quest journal as it is is unhelpful, and its limits are meaningless (ocassional one or two quests that you can't take are just annoying). As both players anyway are doing the tasks together, it would make much more sense if the quests were properly shared and both players would be on the same, up-to-date information about what needs to be done.

I was thinking this as well. The quest limitation seems meaningless. Most quests can be completed whether you have them or not. Its not clear which ones can be completed without accepting them. Its also not really an interesting decision trying to figure out which ones to accept and which ones to put off. More often than not there are just one or two quests that you can't fit in anyway.

My grievance with this mechanic is that there is limitation without ramification. :rolleyes: :)

FloodSpectre
02-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Too frequently there were something like 13 levels of dungeon generated, but the city would be saved by level 4-5 already.

If you were to slow down in your progress completing quests you might need to go deeper. Think of those levels as a potential threat if you do poorly/slow down. I've had dungeons ten levels deep that could be completed on level 4, but when I took too long an Earthquake Machine was built on floor 9, or an uprising starts on floor 8. I don't think dungeon depth needs to be changed at all, there just needs to be a somewhat better distribution of quests to floor levels.

Besides, you may be blowing through these dungeons faster multiplayer than others would solo, and that might explain why you never see deeper quests.

FloodSpectre
02-21-2010, 03:32 PM
I can't complete my current town. I had a quest on one of the early levels of the dungeon to collect some Blood Marble, and I had found a few but decided to pass on finishing it because I wanted to go deeper and kill the dungeon boss first. After I killed the boss I found some Armor Plans (can't recall the precise name) and used them. They gave me a quest to gather Blood Marble chunks on the same floor as before, so I did. But it doesn't seem like it spawned additional chunks for its own quest, because while I was able to finish the armor quest, I couldn't find the remaining two chunks I needed for the required quest I has skipped earlier.