PDA

View Full Version : Next post?

Shadow
10-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Ok, I've done a bunch of strategy posts on the site so far. Anything else you guys can think of that you want me to add to that section of the website?

AnalogKid
10-26-2007, 11:01 PM
There's lots of stuff! I'm at work so I'll post my damage question again later when I have the specifics, but how about this:

I'd like some sort of bestiary that gives stats for monsters per level. It could be perfectly detailed, or more like an average so that people still don't know exactly what they're facing. But without some idea of what kind of defense/attack/damage the monsters have at particular levels, it's hard to apply some of the information that you've already posted. This would probably be a new section of the website instead of just a post in the strategy section, but there's my first thought.

Shadow
10-27-2007, 12:43 PM
All of the monsters stats are in the plan. It's a lot of data and I need to figure out a good way to present it though.

Did I miss a damage question in there somewhere?

AnalogKid
10-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Did I miss a damage question in there somewhere?
Well, not really, we just kind of dropped it during the crits thread.

Here is the specific question now, with up-to-date stats so there's no uncertainty:

Arctic Shard lvl 20: 100-300 dmg.
Cold mastery lvl 15: +112.5% dmg.
======================
Normal damage = 212.5 - 637.5

Critical hit x2 dmg = 425 - 1275 dmg.

Max damage in a single blow: 2432 dmg.

How is that possible? There must be something else influencing the total damage I do (the 2400+ dmg is not a fluke, it happens pretty regularly against all different kinds of monster, NPC, or Lifestone targets).

Shadow
10-28-2007, 12:22 AM
Oh, yeah. That's actually a very good question. I'll look into that.

Shadow
10-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Ok, I've figured out what is going on. There is a bug that allows most projectiles (including Arctic Shard) to have two different chances to get a critical hit and these stack. The extra one does not show up as a critical hit though so you don't get the increased font size. This will be fixed in 1.004. :(

AnalogKid
10-29-2007, 04:08 PM
The extra one does not show up as a critical hit though so you don't get the increased font size. This will be fixed in 1.004. :(
I hope you mean just the font size, right? :D Otherwise it might be considerably more difficult for my mage in the future...

Shadow
10-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Your mage might get a bit harder in the next patch. Instead of adventuring 10 levels ahead, you might have to drop back to only 5 levels ahead. :)

AnalogKid
10-29-2007, 05:53 PM
ARRRRGGGGGGH!!!

All this time I thought I was the stud of the universe (well, you know, as much as one can be with respect to having a high-powered computer game character :p), but it turns out I've been relying on a bug. Ain't that a bitch.

Oh well, things should be balanced. Guess I'll have to forge ahead and try to take as much advantage as I can before you release 1.004!

Or maybe I'll just have to spend all my time on certain other aRPG's that just recently demoed...

Ha!

(Actually, I have been playing DoP much more than the Orange Box. Portal was beyond awesome, but the HL2 stuff just isn't as interesting to me as DoP.)

Shadow
10-29-2007, 06:50 PM
(Actually, I have been playing DoP much more than the Orange Box. Portal was beyond awesome, but the HL2 stuff just isn't as interesting to me as DoP.)

Now if I could get the rest of the world to believe that, I would be set. :)

AnalogKid
10-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Good luck with your quest. I wish it were likely, but I can't remember a game in the mass-market internet era that was both good AND popular. A lot like movies nowadays, or the "popcorn TV" on VH1/MTV...

Anyway, to get back a little bit on topic, how about item stats similar to the beastiary? Base items, possible enchantments, level ranges, min requirements, etc...

Again, not just a simple strategy post, but more info that (at least some) people would like to know.

Denubis
10-31-2007, 06:11 PM
I'd like a diplomacy calculation and the way a covenant determines how much it'll propose buying stuff for and how it figures out the max it will pay.

Thanks.

Denubis
11-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Critical hit calculations would be lovely.