PDA

View Full Version : Beta feedback (0.904)

Rockstronaut
02-21-2010, 06:31 PM
First of all, great game. Addictive as hell. Very happy with my purchase.

Really enjoying my first playthrough as a Paladin/Necromancer (I have a weakness for the absurd.) I'm on my 5th or 6th town and level 16.

Bugs:
Not much here...on a level with a lot of Shapeshifters pretending to be Screes I saw a "Champion FakeScree". I was also killed by a friendly raised Champion Creeping Brood that went aggro on me while remaining "green".

Gameplay comments:
-Overall the gameplay is excellent. Love the randomness, quest consequences, traps and so forth.
-Targeting is a bit fiddly, I had particular issues with Wampirs.
-Skills need balancing...I know this will be difficult to accomplish with so many skills available, but several necro skills are useless: the skeleton skills are too weak and the summon buffs also suffer as a result. Raise dead is AWESOME though. Such a fun skill. Raised scavengers are the best.
-Reputation rewards should probably not be items the player can't use (I received an artifact axe)
-Pools of liquid are far too small to be significant.
-I'd like to be able to see my chances of crushing/crit/deep/stun. The paladin has a bunch of skills that affect crushing and i feel like I'm flying blind.
-Item condition/repair seems a total non-issue at the moment. Maybe at higher levels this has impact?

Wishlist:
-More details in the dungeons...you've got two previous games worth of assets to leverage...why not use some of the DoP outdoor objects to liven things up?
-More special dungeon rooms. The vaults are great, but what about creature vaults or artifact rooms and so forth.

Thanks for reading. Now back to blighting and bludgeoning.

icekrystal10
02-21-2010, 07:54 PM
I too would like to see special rooms.

I have yet to see gems, It would be cool to be able to collect gems (like in Kivi) to get extra instant money. Each gem type can be worth a certain value. They would be found in chests, dropped by monsters, or just laying on the floor.

FloodSpectre
02-21-2010, 08:51 PM
-I'd like to be able to see my chances of crushing/crit/deep/stun.

You can find some info on these by hovering your mouse over your attributes on your character sheet. I think they all have some unlisted base chance to trigger, which is then modified directly by your attributes. Strength affects Crushing Blow, Intelligence for Crits and Dexterity affects Deep Wounds. I'm unsure as to what affects Stunning Blow, as none of the hover-over popups list it.

I'd like to see them all listed on their own on your character sheet though, with a hover-over popup for each showing what's affecting it and what your base chances are.

Shadow
02-22-2010, 09:46 AM
There are more types of special rooms. They just start at higher levels.