PDA

View Full Version : Does 1.003 change recruit/quest generation after total victory?

Corvus Corax
10-27-2007, 06:34 PM
After I whip everyone, I usually hang around a while and to do quests and pick up new recruits. Since updating to 1.003, however, its seems as if recruits stop appearing after the last covenant is defeated. Quests also seem to diminish in number. We're any changes made or am I just experiencing some random effect?

Whoops! I seem to have put this post in the wrong forum. Sorry about that.

Shadow
10-27-2007, 06:44 PM
There shouldn't have been any changes that does anything like this. I would guess it is just random.

Iane
10-28-2007, 12:28 AM
LOL don't hang around for too long - I did this and had some mean bad ass monsters spawn in my covenant that wiped me out :eek:

Corvus Corax
10-28-2007, 05:36 PM
There shouldn't have been any changes that does anything like this. I would guess it is just random.

I'm beginning to wonder if something weird isn't going on in my game. I started a new world for my hero yesterday and have been playing for appoximately two hour.....but have yet to see one recruit show up at the village. In earlier "worlds," they would show up every half hour or so, hang around about 15 minutes (if I didn't recruit them) and then disappear.

I haven't recruited anyone for quite a while now and my covenant members are all level 34 and 35 (hero's 37). The recruits I'm encountering in the field are all lower level, none higher than level 30 or 31.....even in the highest level enemy areas. I assume recruits in the field match the level of the area they're wandering in. So far, when I start a new world, I just go with the default difficulty level which should match my hero's I guess.

Shadow
10-28-2007, 05:55 PM
So you are still in the normal difficulty and not champion? It that's true, the zones top out around level 30 (in normal). So that could explain why there's less recruits and quests.

Corvus Corax
10-28-2007, 07:12 PM
So you are still in the normal difficulty and not champion? It that's true, the zones top out around level 30 (in normal). So that could explain why there's less recruits and quests.

I'll bump up the difficulty when I start a new world and see what happens.

Another thing I've noticed in my current world and the last one is that all quests, except storyline quests, are to exactly the same place. In the last world it was the Cyrio Plains and in my current world it's to a one-level dungeon, the Brutal Crypt, under Black Forest.

I do need to bump up difficulty level, no doubt about it. It's too easy now and I'm not getting much xp even for the highest level monsters and quests. I suspect that because I'm so ueber for the my current difficulty level the game can only use the very few, highest-level areas for quests. Hence, I keep going to the same place. Most areas present zero challenge and garner zero xp.

Shadow
10-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah, normal difficulty runs from levels 1 to 30 or so, champion runs from 25 to 55 or so, elite runs from 50 to 80, and legendary runs from 75 to 105. So once you get too much out of the range of one difficulty you really need to jump to the next one. If you stay too long in a difficulty the monsters get too easy, it gets hard to get experience, it's hard to get good loot (for your level), and quests stop generating as much because the game tries to generate quests near your level, but there aren't any zones of that level anymore.

Corvus Corax
10-28-2007, 08:52 PM
I started a new world at "champion" and everything's back to normal. Recruits are showing up in Jorvik and quests are generating in many different areas. 'Course it's a little harder. ;)

AnalogKid
10-28-2007, 09:26 PM
A similar thing has already been suggested, but I think it would be a good idea for a patch to alter the new game generation screen so that it suggests the proper world difficulty depending on character level by default, rather than always starting off suggesting "normal" difficulty.

Not only would it help people accidentally having these kinds of problems, but it would save me one whole mouse click! Think of my mouse!

05-09-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm a level 41 warrior on champion and all of the zones appear to go to the up and right. Do zones ever begin going in other directions? The zones are currently too easy for me so I'm hoping there's some other level 55 zones in champion mode besides the black forest, yuleshire downs...Let me know. Also, will they begin going in more directions once I get to level 50 and get set the difficulty higher? Thanks.

Shadow
05-11-2009, 03:56 PM
If you are using one of the later versions of the game and have beaten Draaien you should be able to go to the next difficulty now.

The levels always go north (up right) in general from Jorvik.