PDA

View Full Version : Stop Autotargeting the Recovery Stones!

AlgaeNymph
02-22-2010, 02:08 PM
So I've been recovering by a healthstone, then I mouse over an enemy and press the shoot arrow button.

Who else has shouted at the game because they shot at the recovery stone instead? :mad:

Aganazer
02-22-2010, 03:34 PM
So I've been recovering by a healthstone, then I mouse over an enemy and press the shoot arrow button.

Who else has shouted at the game because they shot at the recovery stone instead? :mad:

Same thing applies to doors. Not sure how to change it since a click targets the item and a click uses the item. Sometimes you need to target the item to destroy it without ever intending on using it. Is there really a way to un-target it in a way that wouldn't be confusing under either condition?

Maybe a use of the item un-targets it automatically. You would then need to step out of its use range to hard target it when you want to destroy it. I'm not sure how intuitive it would be but its gotta be more intuitive than the current situation where I accidentally destroy half the healthstones I use.

Shadow
02-22-2010, 04:31 PM

I would have thought in this situation that it would have shot at the enemy. I'll look into it.

keith.lamothe
02-23-2010, 10:31 PM
I've seen it shoot the stones/doors/etc, but only when my mouse was over them.

As a suggestion, perhaps healthstones/etc should not be attacked unless the player is holding Ctrl+alt+X or something (ok, not that crazy, but you know)? I'm sure that there'll be some weird case where one is totally blocking a hallway or something, but that's the only time I can think of desiring to hit one.

Shadow
02-24-2010, 08:49 AM
This will work better in the next build.