PDA

View Full Version : Skin colors

Warlock
02-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Please add a way to modify the player's skin color. Thanks.

viper34j
02-22-2010, 05:05 PM
It is a commonly known fact that all adventurers are 6ft caucasians. /sarcasm

You have to understand that the developer implies no racism by only included a single skin tone. I'd imagine that its a time/reward issue where Shadow has to determined that very little would be added to the game for the amount of work that would go into this feature.

But maybe I'm wrong. (I'd assume that someone, somewhere, has the ability to mod the maleplayer and femaleplayer models to be a darker skin tone for you to use)

Warlock
02-22-2010, 05:27 PM
It is a commonly known fact that all adventurers are 6ft caucasians. /sarcasm

You have to understand that the developer implies no racism by only included a single skin tone. I'd imagine that its a time/reward issue where Shadow has to determined that very little would be added to the game for the amount of work that would go into this feature.

But maybe I'm wrong. (I'd assume that someone, somewhere, has the ability to mod the maleplayer and femaleplayer models to be a darker skin tone for you to use)

lol, yes I'm sure there's no racism involved here but I tend to be better able to roleplay when I look like my avatar. Kinda hard to do when my character looks like he's in need of a tan:)

Shadow
02-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Skin color is something you usually have to plan up front for and put all of the skin on separate surfaces in the model. We didn't do this so it unfortunately isn't likely to change. This is something that would be cool in future games though. Even the npcs would look cooler if each had a different skin color.