PDA

View Full Version : Unwinnable World v0.905

Kruztee
02-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Here's another unwinnable world, created after patch 0.905.

Basically, it's a destroyed town with just the Warmaster and Din amongst the ruins of the former town. The Warmaster only had one quest for me; to take revenge by killing a boss on lvl5 that had destroyed the town. Took me about 15 minutes, but I did track him down and kill him. The quest paid, but now there is nothing left to do, and the town won't end.

Gutsman
02-23-2010, 12:33 PM
I can't finish this one either, it seems. My last quest is to kill Mag, a fire elemental, on level five. I found him, but he was a quest giving monster. He had a "kill dark elf elementists quest" for me, I think. It was already complete when I saw him. I clicked on him, completed the quest, and he disappeared. There was also another fire elemental beside him with a similar quest for me.

I've scoured level 5 a couple more times and no Mag to be seen.

Del137
02-23-2010, 03:24 PM
I also got several VERY annoying quests with gathering 15 monster parts in a VERY small dungeon level, 3 almost similar quests with like only 5-6 monsters drops from all level, took more than hour of gathering these damned parts :p

Rockstronaut
02-23-2010, 03:48 PM
I recently had this too. Find "15 shaman skulls" on a tiny level. Took ages of running around waiting for respawns and then the quest failed when I had one skull left.

GeorgiaBoy
02-23-2010, 03:59 PM
I recently had this too. Find "15 shaman skulls" on a tiny level. Took ages of running around waiting for respawns and then the quest failed when I had one skull left.

The quest failed because you ran out of time?

Rockstronaut
02-23-2010, 04:07 PM
The quest failed because you ran out of time?

Yup. Got a "quest failed: so-and-so found the ingredients on their own" when I had 14 of 15 skulls and was wandering around the level waiting for more shaman spawns.

FloodSpectre
02-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Yup. Got a "quest failed: so-and-so found the ingredients on their own" when I had 14 of 15 skulls and was wandering around the level waiting for more shaman spawns.

I've only ever had that happen to me for items that were lying on the ground already, it sucks that you can fail the ones that need monster drops.

My last town with my rogue was un-winnable because two quests needed the same type of off-the-floor item on the same floor of the dungeon, and there were two too few to complete both quests (I was only able to finish one).

Wolfox
02-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Same thing here - I failed one such "gathering" quest, and I know have one to find 6 Snake Heads on level 2 - I've found 4, and I explored level 2 multiple times (in multiple game sessions) and no other Snake Heads spawn anywhere.

Shadow
02-24-2010, 08:53 AM
What's the dungeon name that this is happening on?