PDA

View Full Version : 905 windowed mode color map

Ikarius
02-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Running Din's Curse rev 905 in windowed mode changes the color map for my entire desktop- everything takes on a blue shading. I'm pretty certain that graphics are running full 32-bit mode; snow leopard doesn't really give an option for changing how many colors, but this is an 08 macbook pro.

Is this a bug, expected behavior, or some config bit I'm missing?

Ikarius

Shadow
02-23-2010, 03:28 PM
I think what you are seeing is the gamma stuff and it should go away when you close the game down.

Ikarius
02-23-2010, 03:37 PM
It does go away, but it doesn't seem to be gamma; I adjusted the gamma slider under graphics options up and down, and couldnt get my desktop coloration anywhere near approaching "normal". As I said, the symptom is a bluish tinge to everything, which leads me to suspect a color map alteration- I recall seeing this sort of thing back in the days of 256 color graphics.

To me, the point of windowed mode is that I can have a game running, and switch over to it when I'm waiting for other things to finish, so it's annoying when my colors are whacked out.

Shadow
02-23-2010, 06:34 PM
The game doesn't do anything lower than 24 bit, so it shouldn't be any weird color mode. I still suspect the gamma stuff because it's the only thing that does anything like that. Now why it would have a blue tint I have no idea.

I think I'll make the gamma stuff a little smarter and not change anything if you have gamma set to 1.0 and that will probably solve your problem.

Ikarius
02-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks! I'll let you know what I see when you release the next beta :)