PDA

View Full Version : Wear overpowered items with potions forewer

Del137
02-24-2010, 04:48 AM
I not sure if it bug or feature, but you may wield any item required for attribute by drinking necessary potion (for example +25 STR or +25 DEX) and after effect gone you still use this item even if it red on you.
It reminds me good old times in Anarchy Online, when general goal in game was overpower self with strongest buffs and than wear items for much higher level :rolleyes: As result - is it normal?

Nemhir
02-24-2010, 06:56 AM
I think it is intended...atm almost all potions are useless ( i mean +1+3+5 attrb)the only useful ones are +magic find and some of the resists.. Usually the +attrb potions arent worth the cost...unless you use them for equipping some piece of armor/weapon..i mean @ lvl 21 i found a sword that require 72 dex to use...and im rogue but i have max 50/55 dex

Shadow
02-24-2010, 08:57 AM
It's basically by design ever since DoP. The reason why we allow it is DoP and Din both have things like plagues or curses that can reduce your stats quite a bit. The stat reduction is a reasonable penalty. All of your items being unequipped at the same time would be a pretty severe.

Del137
02-24-2010, 09:04 AM
Thanks for fast and informative answer! ;)

viper34j
02-24-2010, 11:43 AM
I think it is intended...atm almost all potions are useless ( i mean +1+3+5 attrb)the only useful ones are +magic find and some of the resists.. Usually the +attrb potions arent worth the cost...unless you use them for equipping some piece of armor/weapon..i mean @ lvl 21 i found a sword that require 72 dex to use...and im rogue but i have max 50/55 dex

What kind of potions are you finding? I'm level 15 and I just downed a strength potion that gives me +25 str for 5 minutes. That is a massive bonus to my damage output.

dnuggs40
02-24-2010, 11:49 AM
This is good to know :p