PDA

View Full Version : Quests

Iane
10-28-2007, 04:07 AM
I have found some Quests to have a time limit on them but no display of the time itself - nearly all quests like this I can never complete - see image

http://xs320.xs.to/xs320/07430/ss0000.jpg

I had only just got this quest and started running around looking and before I know it I've fail and it's even worse in dungeons where it's a hard slog to get anywhere - this quest finished in 45 seconds from getting it :(

Shadow
10-28-2007, 11:00 AM
It's not acually timed. Well at least there is no internal time that counts down until you fail. What happened is that the renegade decided to attack the town instead of staying in Lorelle Grassland. So you have failed to complete the original quest, but now there should be a new quest for killing the renegade attacking the town.

Corvus Corax
10-28-2007, 05:26 PM
AFAICT, there's no penalty for failing a quest. For me, the most common quest failure is where you're told to take out a specific monster, but the guy forms a monster group before you can get him. You fail the original quest, but you now have the "kill the group" quest available.

Shadow
10-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Well usually when you fail a quest the penalty is fairly natural, not something imposed by the game. If you fail a unique monster quest because it formed a group, the quest just got a lot harder. If you fail to kill the renegade because he/she is now attacking the town, well you might lose some town NPCs. If you fail to rescue an NPC, you mostly just lose out on the opportunity to gain some good experience and influence. So there isn't any extra penalties that you can't see.