PDA

View Full Version : Quest markers

Ikarius
02-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Okay, so I just found a guy down in the dungeon with a "quest turnin" flag, who apparently was supposed to receive a package. I couldnt deliver the package, as I didnt have the quest though. I went back to town, none of the "normal" quest-givers had a quest for a delivery.

I eventually tracked down a "townsperson" inside a house in the absolute corner of the town with a quest for the delivery.

I suspect quests from townspeople are the source of a number of my quest failures where I never even knew there was a quest available.

Any chance of getting some different dot coloration for NPCs who have available quests, so we don't have to run through every house in town on the off chance one of the townspeople has a quest? The infrequency just doesnt seem to warrant that work.

Cadfan
02-25-2010, 04:53 PM
If you've patched, people with quests are purple. This includes townsfolk.

Ikarius
02-25-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm patched to .905, at least according to the title screen, and all the townspeople are blue- no variation in color.

Which version are you speaking of?

Only other possible difference I can think of is I'm on mac....

Shadow
02-25-2010, 06:53 PM
They are purple in version 0.905. That was an application change (as opposed to a data change). You might want to patch again and make sure the application is overwritten correctly. You can check the app version on a mac by playing in a window and choosing the About Din's Curse option on the OS bar at the top.