PDA

View Full Version : Minor complaints so far

phanboy4
02-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Alright, I've sunk a good deal of time into DoP, and after some limited experience with Din's Curse I can say mechanically it works, quite well actually. Combat is satisfying, and the core aspects inherited from DoP fit pretty well here.

That being said, the complaints I have are UI/sound related, and are generally pretty minor.

Sound/Music in dungeons
Animations/Combat feel
Tried and true DoP loot system.
Randomness

Dislikes:

Fonts still look too large and too fuzzy, a problem inherited from DoP (Especially the combat floats).

Adjustable popup delay? Tad annoying to have it instantly pop up on mouse over and obscure what you were looking at.

Popups in general seem disproportionately large @1280x800, this could be improved by using smaller, sharper fonts. And smaller borders/padding.

Higher-res in-game toolbar graphic. (Extremely minor nitpick)

Intro music needs more punch. (Extremely minor nitpick)

Pixies default screech sound tends to overpower all the others, and repeats quite frequently. Might be good to either reduce that, or make the other death sounds louder. (Extremely minor nitpick)

FloodSpectre
02-25-2010, 07:35 PM
On the topic of pixie volume, I think the poison cloud noise is far too loud in comparison to other sounds too.

viper34j
02-25-2010, 07:40 PM
On the topic of pixie volume, I think the poison cloud noise is far too loud in comparison to other sounds too.

I completely agree. Please hush the poison clouds a bit.

TheRani
02-25-2010, 09:45 PM
I find the female character tends to yell in pain in a very manly way. Does your voice actress have a very deep voice, or does Din's Curse just use the same yells of pain for everybody?

timeh
02-25-2010, 11:06 PM
i've had mass cave-ins and groups of burning barrels so loud i've had to throw my headphones off

incognoscente
02-26-2010, 12:36 AM
I find the female character tends to yell in pain in a very manly way.
Hahaha. Agreed. Human sounds seem to have pitch randomization and sometimes the female characters drop a bit low.

For the poison clouds and fires, can the game be made to play only one of these sound effects at a time? The crazy volume increase sounds like 2 or more of the same audio clip with the same timing stacked (old "loudness" trick for tracked/MOD music). It gets out of hand fast.

I don't have a better thread to put these observations in at the moment:
The automap doesn't update properly when standing still and zooming in or out.

There is a problem if you expand a drop-down box (in e.g. the Advanced Graphics Options menu), don't make a choice, and press Escape. The game will return to the previous menu but the main buttons will not work.

Shadow
02-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Agreed. Human sounds seem to have pitch randomization and sometimes the female characters drop a bit low.

This is probably exactly what's happening.