PDA

View Full Version : Drox Operative demo available!

Shadow
11-08-2012, 03:49 PM
The demo for Drox Operative is now available for Windows and Mac. You can download it from the Drox Operative demo page (http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/demo.html). I will also add mirrors as I get them.

Kordanor
11-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Cheers! Always great to be able to legally check out a game before buying it.

Any update on a possible release timeframe or the move to steam?

Shadow
11-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Any update on a possible release timeframe or the move to steam?

We are hopefully within weeks, but we'll see how the demo does. I don't know anything about when or if we will have a Steam release.

PixelLord
11-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Known issue: a few textures missing from ships.

If anyone spots a ship in the Demo with missing textures, please report them here in the forums (such as "Lithosoid Cruise Ship", or "Human Diplomatic Ship"). Thanks.

Roswitha
11-09-2012, 04:10 PM
The demo just crashed. Windows version.

I went outside of the first system, clicked on an anomaly inside the system, and down it went.

Roswitha
11-09-2012, 04:26 PM
1. Need a comma after 'default'.

2. Maybe note that these can be customized in the Options.

3. The Fear description isn't helpful and the Legend one is circular. Could you make those two like the others. (Fear - killing races and planets. Legend - killing monsters and machines.) Also, the phrase following a colon should be capitalized.

PixelLord
11-09-2012, 05:45 PM
The demo just crashed. Windows version.

I went outside of the first system, clicked on an anomaly inside the system, and down it went.

Do you remember what color the anomaly was? I've seen crashes when clicking on a yellow anomaly.

Roswitha
11-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Do you remember what color the anomaly was? I've seen crashes when clicking on a yellow anomaly.

It's the one with blue in the middle, then yellow, then red/orange on the outside.

Roswitha
11-12-2012, 04:49 PM
It would be helpful to note that health and shield "potions" can be added to the tool bar.

Roswitha
11-12-2012, 09:01 PM
I just went into a dimensional pocket, came out and found a ?. "Congratulations, you've found your first race." There are still no races in the race screen. Maybe there's one in the system that I haven't found yet?

EDIT

There was a race in the system. I met it about five minutes later.

Roswitha
11-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Known issue: a few textures missing from ships.

If anyone spots a ship in the Demo with missing textures, please report them here in the forums (such as "Lithosoid Cruise Ship", or "Human Diplomatic Ship"). Thanks.

Human Diplomatic ship.

Also, do these messages help?

Valgor
11-13-2012, 05:25 AM
Did the pocket contain any derelict vessels of a race present in your sector?

The first two console messages in your screenshot (pertaining to missing sound files) come up in the full beta as well, from time to time.

Roswitha
11-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Did the pocket contain any derelict vessels of a race present in your sector?

I don't remember. It might have. The funny thing was that the message didn't appear until I left the pocket, and the racial screen was still empty.

Shadow
11-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Also, do these messages help?

Sometimes. In this case, they show some of the textures that I culled out from the demo that I shouldn't have.

u2892
12-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Downloaded from this link
http://www.soldak.com/files/DroxOperativeDemo0930.exe
and it says Assets001.zip and Assets002.zip are corrupted.
Downloading again from one of the mirrors, but this makes me sad

Shadow
12-03-2012, 12:25 PM
I checked the demos after I uploaded them. I would guess something went wrong with your particular download.

u2892
12-07-2012, 12:34 PM
I checked the demos after I uploaded them. I would guess something went wrong with your particular download.

Hmm figured it out I think, it seems your server reports the download as resumable when it's actually not?

No worries though, I've bought it already :)