PDA

View Full Version : Switch Off Music?

Krasny
11-10-2012, 06:24 PM
How do I switch off the music?

I've tried setting the music slider to zero, but that has no effect on the music volume.

Thanks.

Roswitha
11-11-2012, 02:58 AM
Try turning down the Background volume.

PixelLord
11-11-2012, 08:48 AM
How do I switch off the music?

I've tried setting the music slider to zero, but that has no effect on the music volume.

Thanks.

It should work. Are you sure you clicked on "Apply" after setting the slider?

Shadow
11-11-2012, 11:03 AM
There are 2 types of music in the game. The main music and dynamic stuff is controlled by the music slider, but there is some music that is hidden in the background sounds that is controlled by the background slider.

Krasny
11-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Thanks. :)

Nayzablade
11-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Hi guys...I have been following the game development for a while now..looks really good! I havent bought because I actually wan to pay full price for the game..better for you Devs :)

I downloaded the demo however and had a bit of a bash on it last night...quite a lot of fun! The music however, I turned right down...I prefer to just hear ship noises and the sound effects over music in a game anyday. So to turn the music off I:

Turned Music to Zero, then applied....still hmm bits of music playing though, so I turned background sound to zero and applied..that got rid of more...it just left one annoying beat...like duuuuhdunt!...3-4sec interval then duuuuhdunt! This never stopped or changed, no matter what i did. I restarted and tried again but got the same thing

The only way I could get rid of it was to turn sound fx down to zero and apply...of course that got rid of all the ship sounds and pew pew laser sounds and all the other goodness! So my question is:

Would it be possible to have all the music put under the Music tab...? Personally I always find music immersion breaking in games...maybe I am just weird, but I play all the games I have like that, hehe.

Anyways, sorry for the wall of text!

Kind regards,
Nayzablade

Krasny
11-14-2012, 05:50 AM
Nayz - Turn down Background slider.

EDIT: Or rename all music files.

But seriously a music slider at zero should mute ALL music.

Shadow
11-14-2012, 08:24 AM
If it is repeating, it's probably a low health warning or something like that.

Nayzablade
11-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Hmmm...may have been low health music, hehe...I will look into renaming the music files, if I can find them. I did have the background and music turned right down.

The beat was linked to the sound effects...I think it was the low health one like Shadow said...I was to busy pew pewing to notice, as where I started was really close to a bunch of enemies..though I did notice that my ship was on fire, I didn't link the music with low health for some reason. I will test this after work and let you know.

Anyways, thanks for the feed back...I have 3 friends and myself waiting on the release of this game as we all really enjoy coop games like this, its looking awesome!

BTW, the graphics, explosions and weapon/shield effects where actually a lot better in the game then I expected, a very nice surprise :)

If the music could all be linked under one slider, that would be icing on the cake!

Kind regards,
Nayzablade

Krasny
11-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Better still a tick box labeled "Kill All Music".

Yep I really am that much of a misanthrope.

Zillion
11-14-2012, 08:10 PM
I prefer to take in the ambience with most games myself. If you're motivated enough, you could even put your own oggs in.

Nayzablade
11-14-2012, 08:24 PM
I prefer to take in the ambience with most games myself. If you're motivated enough, you could even put your own oggs in.

Exactly! Getting absorbed in the game environment, with all the little sounds and nuances, a lot that actually get missed if there is music blaring in the background :P

Just like real life, the default for background music is: Off.

Cheerz,
Nayzablade :)

Nayzablade
11-18-2012, 10:56 PM
There are 2 types of music in the game. The main music and dynamic stuff is controlled by the music slider, but there is some music that is hidden in the background sounds that is controlled by the background slider.

After extensive playing of the demo with all the music off :) you hit the snail on the head Mr.Shadow. The low health music is the only music that is controlled by the sound fx tab and cant be turned off without disabling all the other sound effects :(

Anyways, for the cause! Once more into the breach my friends!