PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in a dungeon

andlar
02-28-2010, 09:51 PM
So I'm down to level 5 in my 14 level dungeon, and haven't found any of the portal to town, the gate to the next level, or the darkness machine that I know is on this level. I do have one secret door, that is "stuck". I can't target it with my sword attack; do I have any other recourse?

I've wandered the level, looking for other secret doors, and don't think there are any other options. Am I left with trying to find a teleport trap that could bump me down a level or two?

(For reference, I'm playing a Defender / Necromancer.)

L337GTIMKV
02-28-2010, 10:00 PM
You need to use a special attack on the stuck door I think.. Just clicking on it won't attack it.

Hope this helps.

andlar
02-28-2010, 10:08 PM
I've tried using both my "attack" skill and the "Bolt of Gloom" skill, by pressing the hotkey associated with those skills respectively, while my mouse was on the secret door, and got the message "Need an enemy".

When I click the secret door it says "Door stuck".

L337GTIMKV
02-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Hovering the mouse over a door doesn't auto-target it like a it does with the enemies.. Try right-clicking the door (It will still say it's stuck, but this SHOULD target the door..) then using your attack.

I think for stuck doors, right clicking the door should auto-attack it... But the above should work in the meantime.

andlar
02-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Okay, so I hover over the door, right click (with Bolt of Gloom, or Attack selected), and that says "Door Stuck". If I then use the hotkeys to start either my Attack of Bolt of Gloom I see "Need an enemy". What am I missing?

L337GTIMKV
02-28-2010, 10:22 PM
After right-clicking the door, you should see alittle targetting reticle "under" the door.. Theoretically, using a hotkey skill should attack the door. If this is not working, try an AoE ability if you have one. A good alternative would be to throw a fire bomb at it.

I do think this functionality should be improved in a future patch.

Kruztee
03-01-2010, 02:45 AM
I've noticed that some of the objects that block secret areas cannot be targeted by any skill at all. You get the "door is stuck" message. Perhaps that's what's happening? Up until now this has not been game breaking for me, but I can imagine that it wouldn't be too uncommon for a quest objective or stairs down to be inaccessible in this fashion.

Shadow
03-02-2010, 09:33 AM
I've heard about the stuck secret door issue, but I haven't managed to track it down yet.

Kruztee
03-02-2010, 08:27 PM
I've heard about the stuck secret door issue, but I haven't managed to track it down yet.

I'll try and grab a savegame for you.

Shadow
03-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Since I posted that this morning I've fixed it. :)

Amberjoy
03-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Hi, I'm new here. I had this same problem yesterday playing the game on level 1 with a stuck door. I ended up throwing burning oil bottle at it. Forgot to hold down key to keep me in one spot so got myself burned too. :mad: But the door did open..sorta, it burnt to a crisp. :)

I had a skeleton key but couldn't figure out how to use it. Still don't know.

and now I'm trying to figure out how to cast a cleric spell ..think it was called Holy Bolt or something like that. Don't have my notes handy. How do you cast spells?

I'm having to start over and over trying to learn how to play this game. Haven't played Kivi or Peril yet.

And the quests...gah! Have to run around like a maniac trying to solve them before you fail...even the ones you don't pick! I had some for one character that started on level 3! Naturally failed at those.

timeh
03-03-2010, 05:35 AM
drag them with the mouse from the skills menu onto one of the slots in the bar at the bottom of the screen, and press the number of the slot to cast it

skeleton keys will automatically open locked chests and doors, you have to bash stuck ones

for most quests (you need to accept delivery quests to have the package and i think collection quests for the items to spawn on the floor), you never have to accept it to be able to complete/fail it

Kruztee
03-04-2010, 04:06 AM
Hi Amberjoy, welcome to the forums.

A skeleton key will automatically be used up if your character tries to open a locked door or chest. If a door is stuck, then the key is of no use. The only way through here, in my experience, is by brute force, magic or other creative ways like the one you used.

By the way, I haven't seen a burning oil drop in ages! Do these have an equal chance of dropping for higher level characters as low level characters?

GeorgiaBoy
03-04-2010, 08:32 AM
And the quests...gah! Have to run around like a maniac trying to solve them before you fail...even the ones you don't pick! I had some for one character that started on level 3! Naturally failed at those.

I second Kruztee. Welcome to the forums.

One of my pet peeves, failing quests you don't even pick. Why even bother picking quests?

GB

viper34j
03-04-2010, 10:58 AM
One of my pet peeves, failing quests you don't even pick. Why even bother picking quests?

GB

So you know where to go to complete them?

Cadfan
03-04-2010, 12:09 PM
He does make a good point. If you are simultaneously responsible for all quests, always, you might as well be able to have them automatically added to your to-do list. Or at least be allowed to add as many of them to your list as you like instead of just a finite number.

Amberjoy
03-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi Amberjoy, welcome to the forums.

By the way, I haven't seen a burning oil drop in ages! Do these have an equal chance of dropping for higher level characters as low level characters?

Thank you for all the welcomes and replies. As for the question above, I wouldn't know. :) However starting an other new character last night I found 2 burning oil, 3 ice bombs & 2 of a kind I can't recall at this time. I found those between Level 1-5, but mostly after I found leather armor part that allowed me to have a better chance of object finding. I liked the cash one I had to drop though. So I would assume if you want burning oil drops at deeper levels find an object or potion of treasure finding. ?? :)

GeorgiaBoy
03-05-2010, 03:18 AM
He does make a good point. If you are simultaneously responsible for all quests, always, you might as well be able to have them automatically added to your to-do list. Or at least be allowed to add as many of them to your list as you like instead of just a finite number.

Maybe Shadow will resolve this issue in a patch...

GB