PDA

View Full Version : Friday Five, Texas Rain and Hail Month

Delilah Rehm
03-01-2010, 02:51 PM
1. It's raining and I have a whopping headache. My productivity (IE, editing my own stuff) is nil. :( I'm about to take more advil.

2. Played Din's Curse on the internet last night with forum folks/strangers, and one guy gave me a bunch of character-appropriate awesome orange/purple items!!! :eek: It was awesome! I can't use the bow yet due to not enough dex, but seriously.... I'm in a state of happy-shock.

3. I may spend the day daydreaming about Vampire Planet. (That's work, right?) Because I just watched part of a movie where the plot was utterly (boringly) predictable, and I want my stories to be surprising. Fun but not so easily predictable.

4. Someone on facebook who's name is Facebook User took a quiz I wrote about myself and did pretty well (65% + is good because it's hard), which leads me to believe the person knows me, but doesn't want me to know who he is (the pronoun used on results was he). *weirdness*

5. This winter has thoroughly kicked my butt (and makes me question my desire to move to Colorado someday) because it has been colder than usual for longer than usual. This last weekend was really nice, but it's cold and rainy again today. It's supposed to be nice on Thursday and then rainy all next weekend. I'm very ready for spring, when I can go for a walk anytime of day without being too hot or too cold.

viper34j
03-01-2010, 03:31 PM
2. Played Din's Curse on the internet last night with forum folks/strangers, and one guy gave me a bunch of character-appropriate awesome orange/purple items!!! :eek: It was awesome! I can't use the bow yet due to not enough dex, but seriously.... I'm in a state of happy-shock.

You're welcome :) I think i'm going to start naming all my characters "viper34j_*" where * is my typical character name. I should have another server up tonight named "Matt's Server". I may have a few more items you can use.

Delilah Rehm
03-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Viper34j, were you both players on your server?

viper34j
03-01-2010, 04:10 PM
As far as the forum is concerned, yes. I speak for myself and my friend whom I bought a copy of the game for. We play almost exclusively together online and share everything.

I wasn't trying to steal his credit for sharing the items, just acting as his voice since he seems to have an aversion to forums (he can be quite silly some times).

Do you frequent online servers?

GeorgiaBoy
03-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi Delilah,

1. That Texas rain will be a Georgia snow. A Winter Storm Warning was just issued for the Atlanta metro area. No problem for me, though. More than likely, I will have more time to mod Din's!

2. Modding development has a tendency to corrupt characters in Din's, so I have not gotten very far...I just wanted to test drops anyway.

3. Never heard of Vampire Planet, but I enjoy European movies more than formulaic Hollywood movies anyway (except for some strange reason, I like Forrest Gump).

4. (To quote somebody...)The internet is like a box of chocolates...

5. The weather has been very cold here as well, although we have not seen nearly as much snow as Dallas. The jet stream is much further south this year (La Nina).

Delilah Rehm
03-01-2010, 05:50 PM
I oft look for internet games, usually find none and start my own which no one joins. So it is in Din's early days.

Vampire Planet is a science fiction book I'm in the middle of writing. If you like my short stories (Double Edge, In the Eye, Zombie Deadfall - to name some of my faves), then you'll probably like Vampire Planet (Paranoid, loner vampire with amnesia crashlands on an uninhabited planet and into her worst nightmare - losing her anonymity and having to interact among a small group of survivors, certain they'll figure out her secret and destroy her).

It's been raining all day. Blech. And the rain brought colder temperatures with it. I liked Forest Gump too. :)

Delilah Rehm
03-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Well, I wanted to play with you guys tonight, but after homework duty, I had a writers meeting. :( In all I only played about 20 minutes today, which considering I didn't get any writing done, just plain sucks.

Some websites, I also lurk. It's nice just to read what's going on, so I totally get the lurking thing. *waves to all the lurkers* :p

getter77
03-02-2010, 01:41 PM
1. Stuck on Din's Curse brain rattling these past few days. Still keeping at it, surely there's a few more bits to it that nobody's already stumbled upon yet.

2. Discovered a good assortment of new frozen pizzas to work my way through at the local target---a smattering of Archer Farm's and an Uno's deepdish which was strangely in with the deli/cheese section instead of with the other frozen pizzas. Never had a chance at any sort of deepdish pizza before, so I surely need to look into that one again next time we get round.

3. A bit of snow, but mainly wind/rain/sleet combo keeping things especially cloudy and wintery in this part of GA.

4. Going to try some venison cube steak for dinner tonight for the first time---not sure what to do with it though. Probably go for a sandwich using the leftover Mahon cheese I've got on hand.

5. Had the first "correct" Mountain Dew since I suppose I was 5 or some such upon happening upon some of the Cane Sugar Limited Edition Throwback---would like to track down the Pepsi equivalent at some point. My White Rock Ginger Ale has largely spoiled me on this stuff. :cool:

Delilah Rehm
03-10-2010, 08:21 PM
1. I used to have normal to oily skin, now it's dry. Also, I've been itchy a lot, especially under my knees. The hypochondriac in me whats to panic.

2. Every year I start to work on the garden, plant stuff, and by mid-summer, let the whole thing get overrun with grass. This year I'm determined to get the grass out and keep it out. I can only work on it a few days at a time because it rips up my hands.

3. Google Sketch. Ever heard of it? My son says I should design the blue prints for dream houses with it instead of graph paper. (The things they learn in school these days!)

4. Playing a lot of sudoku lately. Don't have time for Din's in the evening with so much running around the kids this week.

5. Forget a house elf, I want a dinner elf! I am really not into cooking lately, but if I don't do it... Well... *Note to Self- Buy more frozen food.* (Hey, there's always cereal, right?)

timeh
03-11-2010, 01:58 AM
2. Discovered a good assortment of new frozen pizzas to work my way through at the local target---a smattering of Archer Farm's and an Uno's deepdish which was strangely in with the deli/cheese section instead of with the other frozen pizzas. Never had a chance at any sort of deepdish pizza before, so I surely need to look into that one again next time we get round.

where i slave for a wage (something's gotta pay the bills), the frozen pizzas that aren't in the "normal" freezer are our house brand ones, disguised as gourmet...

ours are actually in the deli at the moment, too

Delilah Rehm
03-23-2010, 11:07 AM
1. So, no Friday Five last week, due to the kids being home and me multitasking my heart out like I usually do, and all while doing as little chores as possible.

2. I haven't checked if my garden survived the snow this weekend, but I'm sure most of it did. Only two plants are new (replanted oregano and new cilantro). I'm over halfway done pulling the grass out (which usually overruns the place by fall because I forget about it!).

3. I've been practicing German (especially in facebook with an Austrian friend) and realized it isn't prepositions or sentence structure that are my weakest points. It's lack of vocabulary. Gah!

4. Son brought home many magic cards and I pulled out my old beginners deck to play him. This lead to buying a couple of booster decks so I could put together a playable deck, trading some cards with son, helping him make playable decks, and of course, badgering Steven to dragging out his many boxes of decks and play with me. :)

Here's the score: My white/red/green deck against Steven's green mana crazy deck - I lost twice (I think) (This was before trading with son).

My same deck against Steven's green-black poison deck - I lost once (due to poison) and won once.

He decided he didn't like that deck and pulled out a black/red? stackable deck against my same (ONLY!) deck and I won.

All in all I guess my magic deck isn't half bad. My favorite card is my Crusher (http://magiccards.info/wwk/en/78.html) (which I only have one), and second is one of my trades, Rancor (http://magiccards.info/gvl/en/15.html) (also only have one).

5. Oh yeah, also bought Elizabeth Moon's brand new book, Oath of Fealty (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6579183-oath-of-fealty) (I'm not on goodreads, but it was the first non-amazon link with a pic), found Veracity (http://www.laurabynum.com/) by Laura Bynum (Moon recommended it at ConDFW) and Leviathan (http://scottwesterfeld.com/blog/books/leviathan/) by Scott Westerfeld. I read Oath of Fealty and loved it of course! It's a bit more wordy and detailed (about the way of life, not pages on flowers and lace) than I usually like, but it was so engaging and well done, that the wordiness didn't bother me a bit. I can't wait for the next installment!

Veracity was an interesting dystopia, but I didn't find the world very believable. It wasn't worth the hardback price, but still a fun read. Leviathan is sitting by my bed, so far unstarted. Things are a bit busy for me to get wrapped up in another book at the moment.

6. Err... Guess skipping a week leaves me with a lot to share. It was Steven's birthday yesterday! Whoop! We were born the same year, but my birthday is *eons* away still. ;) The census form asked how old we'll be on April 1st. Even the government realizes Steven is so very, very old, while I'm obviously the youthful one in our relationship. :D Heh, heh, heh.

Shadow
03-23-2010, 02:03 PM
By eons, she means that our birthdays are 18 days apart. :)