PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone playing a Rogue? (or, what do you play?)

AnalogKid
10-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Most of the posts here refer to Mages and Warriors (I think 90+% of the character profiles posted are in those categories), and I know a few folks play Priests, but I haven't heard anyone ever refer to Rogues. Is anyone playing one?

To expand this thread a bit, how about just posting what class you primarily play? If you share time pretty equally, go ahead and list 'em both, but if one class is clearly played more, I'd be interested in knowing which one that is?

I'll start... Based on the demo, Priests clearly ruled. But with the tweaks to spell mastery in the full release, I expected Mages to be dominant at higher levels because of pure damage potential. So I started playing a Mage and a Warrior about equally. But around lvl 25, it became obvious that my warrior just wasn't up to snuff, so now I play my Mage most of the time and only occasionally give cool gear to my sad, neglected Warrior to try and give him a leg up so he can stand toe-to-toe with those damn Guardians. :)

I haven't gotten around to trying a Priest in the full game yet, and I never planned on playing a Rogue because I just don't see how they could compete with a Warrior, who is already not very easy to play (in comparison to the Mage).

What does everyone else think?

Iane
10-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Not yet but I'm thinking of doing so - I was playing a warrior but he was getting his ass kicked bad time so I switched to mage but in my covenant I have 1 priest and 4 Rogues and they do some serious damage against the other covenants in raids :D

AnalogKid
10-28-2007, 09:30 PM
... 4 Rogues and they do some serious damage against the other covenants in raids :D
Yeah, nowadays I target high level Rogues first during raids. It used to be Mages because I wanted to kill them before they threw AoE spells or blinding flash, but lately the enemy Rogues have been able to pretty much 1-hit kill my guys, so they're #1 priority. That's why I started thinking about them and realized I hadn't read any posts where anyone mentioned they were playing a Rogue...

Denubis
10-30-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm playing a priest right now and ... generally haven't been that impressed with the rogue skillset. (The AoE debuff is nice, but ::shrug:: Can anyone offer a good reason for me to play a rogue?)

As far as I can tell, there's no reason not to have a priest as your primary right now: it's too hard to get other healing and if you spend cash on healing, you're eternally low on money.

AnalogKid
10-30-2007, 09:14 PM
IAs far as I can tell, there's no reason not to have a priest as your primary right now: it's too hard to get other healing and if you spend cash on healing, you're eternally low on money.
I hear what you're saying, but what I can say about the Warrior and Mage is that healing is free and plentiful, you just need to throw down a portal. If you're not patient enough though (or feel like that's cheating), then you're 100% spot-on.

Shadow
10-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Well at least 1 person has voted for a rogue at least in our new poll. Doesn't mean they are actually playing one though. :)

Denubis
11-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Curiously, I hate playing rogues, but I love my rogue NPCs. They complement my mage perfectly and they tank better than plate fighters. The problem is that every so often, I rely on them to die heroically for me, which is not as fun when you're the one dying heroically.

However, while observing them, there are some interesting rogue builds that I'd like to try.