PDA

View Full Version : Din's Curse 2 new previews

Shadow
03-02-2010, 02:08 PM
We have 2 new previews for Din's Curse over on The Adrenaline Vault (http://www.avault.com/previews/din/) and DIYGamer (http://www.diygamer.com/2010/02/nostalgias-sweet-embrace-dins-curse-preview/).

Coreyh2
03-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Din's Curse 2! awesome! ;)

FloodSpectre
03-02-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who misread that at first ;)

udm
03-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Don't you guys know? Steven has the ability to travel through time ;)

By the way, what is that guy from DIY Gamer smoking?

Of course, character customization aside, the game does offer some unique traits behind it. For one, it would appear that every character I make starts out in a new town, with a different dungeon, and different monsters inhabiting that dungeon. While some tings remain the same, itís interesting to see that you wonít be playing the same game everytime you wish to start a new game. Likewise, even the quests are different. I suppose the only downside to this would be the fact that the quests are randomized and, as such, you wonít be playing any hugely long epic quests like you otherwise wouldíve in Diablo or Titanís Quest.

One long preview, and he doesn't even touch on what makes DC unique? Really? I don't want too sound overzealous, but journalists these days. No wonder he says there's nothing unique about Din's Curse.

*holding back urge to spew forth vitriolic jargon*

timeh
03-03-2010, 11:34 PM
yeah, previews for this game are rubbish.. they either don't get it, or can't express it

you wonít be playing any hugely long epic quests like you otherwise wouldíve in Diablo or Titanís Quest.

i've had some pretty lengthy and intense quest escalations that were most definitely epic

Shadow, these journo goons aren't doing you justice!

Shadow
03-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Shadow, these journo goons aren't doing you justice!

For us any preview is probably a good thing. I do really wish more previewers/reviewers in general would pay more attention to how each game is unique and put some actual emotion into their writing.

udm
03-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Dont you just miss the old days of CGW, where gaming journalists aren't boot licking prepubescent youths who try to act sophisticated and elitist instead of actually reviewing/previewing the game for the benefit of the intended audience?