PDA

View Full Version : Unidentified items

GeorgiaBoy
03-03-2010, 11:52 PM
Do they sell for the same price as an identified item? Just wondering...

GB

Shadow
03-04-2010, 09:43 AM
I believe they do.

GeorgiaBoy
03-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Maybe have the vendor offer 1/2 price (or X price--whatever is easiest!)globally for unidentified items?

GB

Howler
03-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Maybe have the vendor offer 1/2 price (or X price--whatever is easiest!)globally for unidentified items?

GB

Have to disagree. Why reduce the cash received for selling unidentified items?

Right now you can either spend a few coins at the vendor and have it all instantly identified with one click or sink the time required to click on them all individually and identify them yourself before selling.

Reducing the cash received would result in either a means to lower the gold you have on hand (is there too much of it out there?) or a way to get you to invest time identifying objects you can't use that you want to sell.

The current system is pretty good as is I think.

Fosse
03-04-2010, 06:34 PM
I agree with Howler. I have no need to identify items that my character cannot equip due to skill restrictions. The current system lets me simply sell them, and I'm very grateful for that.

Forcing the player to waste time ID'ing useless equipment seems counter prodcutive.

GeorgiaBoy
03-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Have to disagree. Why reduce the cash received for selling unidentified items?

To encourage folks to ID their items (which is a time waster for some folks, I know). In real life, if you do not know what you are selling, how do you know if you are getting market price? However, identifying items is contentous on this forum, so maybe Shadow can just make it moddable if here was to change it. No big deal either way, though...;)

GB

timeh
03-04-2010, 11:59 PM
for me, having unidentified items is just a waste of time and gold

when a unique mesquite staff (for example) drops, i already know what it is... annoys me that i either have to spend time or money to confirm that it is worse than the 5 i've already seen drop

Neophyte Coprolite
03-05-2010, 10:27 AM
What I do is sell the unidentified item to the vendor, who identifies it. Then I purchase it back if appropriate. You pay the same price you sold it for.
I always felt waiting for the item to be identified the usual way was a waste of time.

------------
Confessed faults are half mended.

timeh
03-06-2010, 12:32 AM
then you have to move the pointer back and forth checking each item or 2, and with the horrible fixed UI, it's pretty tedious

the way i see it, a bag of mixed loot generally costs 2 green items to ID, which is about nothing, reminds me to repair my loot regularly (i hit both buttons in a shop), but kinda just wastes my time without really getting in my way