PDA

View Full Version : Comments Post 9.07 Patch

Cadfan
03-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Only two things so far.

Those big rock golem guys are still instant death to my level 50 weaponmaster / fire mage. I absorb approximately 90% of damage and have around 450 hp, and I get killed on single hits, or on nearly single hits (I've been nicked by something, along comes one of these guys and wastes me in one blow) all the time. It makes it intensely frustrating to play areas where they reside. I have to go up to them and attack to kill them, but if I do, they attack me back, and every attack comes with a chance of my instantaneous death.

I can't completely test the fire elemental at the moment, but here's what I do know. I put in one point. I'm a level 50 character, and so that makes the fire elemental a level 28 monster. It has decent hit points (in the 700 range), and survives enemy attacks for at least a little bit of time. But it can barely hit anything. It attacks over and over, and only occasionally gets a hit in for 15 or so damage. If I untrained some points and invested more points into this skill until it was even with my best skills, it would turn into a level 34 fire minion with a damage boost. That's great, but I'm just not sure its going to ever do any damage to anything.

I don't know the math behind monster attacks, but... just run the numbers, please? Because I'm not sure if there's any amount of points that would make a level 80 character able to effectively use a fire minion under the current system.

This all may work fine for levels 1 through 20 or so. A level 10 character with one rank gets a level 8 sidekick, which is probably quite useful. But from that point on everything seems to degrade. At least from where I'm sitting.

Cadfan
03-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I updated my graphics card driver, so I don't know if this is Din's or my ATI card, but I've had some program locks. Everything freezes except the mouse, and then you get a frame or so advancement every few seconds. Sound only plays when it advances.

It might be advancing more than a frame at a time.

This has happened to me twice so far.

Caal
03-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Unless I have really super deep wounds, I have a display bug (patch .907).

ShaggyMoose
03-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Wow, that's a nice skill. You can probably make people bleed just by looking at them with that.

FloodSpectre
03-06-2010, 12:30 PM
I've noticed killing escaped prisoners, Din's cursed and thieves doesn't count as a kill on the Human page of the bestiary. I have zero kills of humans according to it, but I'm pretty certain each of these types of enemies are human.

transigent8
03-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Yes, I noticed when I was rolling up my first character that Serrated Arrows had a huge bonus to Deep Wounds and Block on the Defender tree had a 10k bonus to block (oddly enough).

Also on a buggy note, I had a final Din's quest (his only one actually) to save Olena but the NPC never spawned for me to save her on the level and I never got a failed status for it. I declined, retook the quest, and dove back in but no dice (cleared it multiple times and tried searching for hidden walls too). I eventually just respawned a new town. Yarggh!

Shadow
03-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Yes, I noticed when I was rolling up my first character that Serrated Arrows had a huge bonus to Deep Wounds and Block on the Defender tree had a 10k bonus to block (oddly enough).

Also on a buggy note, I had a final Din's quest (his only one actually) to save Olena but the NPC never spawned for me to save her on the level and I never got a failed status for it. I declined, retook the quest, and dove back in but no dice (cleared it multiple times and tried searching for hidden walls too). I eventually just respawned a new town. Yarggh!

The serrated one if is a bug. The block one actually is not. It just has a huge bonus to block to make sure that any miss is a block and not something else.

Do you happen to know which dungeon or cave the rescue quest was on?

Cadfan
03-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Shadow- were there any changes in the most recent patch that would possibly cause my program to lock up after a few minutes of play?

I patched my graphics card at about the same time as when I applied the patch. Now I can't play Din's very well. I'm interested in knowing which program is at fault so that I can figure out what to do about it.

transigent8
03-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Do you happen to know which dungeon or cave the rescue quest was on?

No, unfortunately, I forgot to document (yes I know, the cardinal sin of beta-testing) and already moved 4 towns beyond. If I run into this or other bugs I'll be sure to document more thoroughly. :p

Shadow
03-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Shadow- were there any changes in the most recent patch that would possibly cause my program to lock up after a few minutes of play?

Not that I know of.

Shadow
03-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Cadfan, you could give me your latest save of your character and I could check that it's not something related to your current character or world.

Cadfan
03-06-2010, 08:05 PM
I actually just played for about a half hour without a problem, so maybe the work I did on my graphics card has fixed it. That half hour was with the same character and the same world, so I'm going to assume I'm ok for now.

I did notice that the sound effect on the auto-pickup for coins gets a little weird if there are multiple coins dropped simultaneously. You get a high speed, kind of high volume coin noise.

Oh, and I'm 2 ranks into the flame elemental at level 52, which puts him at level 30. Its not useful. It occasionally goes after me like I'm an enemy, but it doesn't matter because it can't hit the broad side of a barn. I'm going to put 3 more ranks into him, but I don't think it will help. That will make him level 37 when I'm at level 55.