PDA

View Full Version : warmaster is petrified

tkirby2003
03-04-2010, 10:22 PM
I am stuck in a town that I have all quests I can do done. The warmaster got petrified by an assassin named Viper so I can't actually complete the quests. I killed Viper. Does petrification wear off with time? The only town members remaining are a weapon merchant, Din and the warmaster. This has been one heck of a town to try and save. It was hard but fun. I just hope I don't have to abandon it. This town was brutal with raids and the dungeon was full of traps dropping me to different levels all of the time. Each time I left the dungeon level I was on and returned the dungeon would repopulate as soon as I returned. It was madness :-)

Terry

Gorgarax
03-05-2010, 01:37 AM
Shadow probably has a definitive answer, but from my experience, the apothecary is usually the one that assigns quests to cure petrification. Unless that cure quest is offered by another NPC, you're probably SOL as far as that town is concerned.

tkirby2003
03-05-2010, 02:48 AM
Damn I was afraid of that. I also have a named skeleton in the last level of the dungeon that keeps popping up with a completed quest icon for killing x amount of mobs. I complete the quest and he disappears then reappears a little later with the completed quest icon again. Thanks for the reply and the info.

Terry

Shadow
03-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Yeah, that's going to be broken. In general you can get a new apothecary to come to town but you need an alive and well steward. To get a new steward you need an alive and well warmaster.

As an aside, one of these days I'm going to write up a blog or something about all of the ways that the game could break because of weird combinations of all of the things that can happen.

tkirby2003
03-05-2010, 10:57 AM
It is no biggie. This town I been hanging on by the skin of my teeth the whole way. Which was absolutely great. Died a ton of times. Running back up a level because I hadn't found the teleport gate on the current level. Fighting my way back to the teleport gate. I am not sure how many levels my character gained. It was absolute greatness. Madness the whole way. Loved it. Is the named skeleton keep popping up in the dungeon with that completed quest a bug? The number of mobs I have to kill changes sometimes but he has popped up about four or five times.

Thanks,

Terry

Shadow
03-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Is the named skeleton keep popping up in the dungeon with that completed quest a bug? The number of mobs I have to kill changes sometimes but he has popped up about four or five times.

Not sure. It sounds strange but that could mean a bug or the randomness just happens to do the same thing a few times in a row. Either way I'll look at it.

ShaggyMoose
03-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Yeah, that's going to be broken. In general you can get a new apothecary to come to town but you need an alive and well steward. To get a new steward you need an alive and well warmaster.

As an aside, one of these days I'm going to write up a blog or something about all of the ways that the game could break because of weird combinations of all of the things that can happen.
When this type of situation occurs, can we get some notice about it? Maybe Din will say something like "due to your carelessness, it is now impossible to save this world" or somesuch. Maybe you can make it so that 50% of the time, a new NPC will arrive to town to break the deadlock, rather than requiring a quest (which can't be given). Otherwise, it can be quite frustrating, especially if you don't identify that you are effectively screwed and just keep playing.

Shadow
03-06-2010, 11:11 AM
I really can't have Din do such a thing because if I knew the town could get deadlocked like that I wouldn't let the world get deadlocked like that. :)

ShaggyMoose
03-06-2010, 01:38 PM
I really can't have Din do such a thing because if I knew the town could get deadlocked like that I wouldn't let the world get deadlocked like that. :)
Hmmm, you make it sound like its always avoidable? I thought it was just a series of unfortunate events that led to this and it would not always be possible to prevent it... So I guess this means that the possibility of a broken world should be patched out at some point?

Shadow
03-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Ultimately I would like all cases like this to either be solvable somehow or the world fails.