PDA

View Full Version : My pet wants me dead

Howler
03-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Running version 0.907.

I've noticed that my skeleton bowman will periodically attack healthstones. My character might be happily hugging the healthstone while trying to stay alive a few moments more and then there's my skeleton in the back thinking, "Yes! Now's my chance to take him down!". He'll fill it full of arrows until it dies unless I drag him away to another area with monsters.

I think what's happening is during a fight an AOE attack of mine might scratch a healthstone. The pet AI then thinks, "Oh! We want to kill that? OK!" and adds it to the target list of unfriendlies that must die...

icekrystal10
03-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Hehe, I find that very amusing. Something that should be looked into.

Shadow
03-06-2010, 04:28 PM
I think what's happening is during a fight an AOE attack of mine might scratch a healthstone. The pet AI then thinks, "Oh! We want to kill that? OK!" and adds it to the target list of unfriendlies that must die...

I've been having trouble tracking that down, I'll check it and see if this is what is going on.

Howler
03-06-2010, 04:49 PM
I've been having trouble tracking that down, I'll check it and see if this is what is going on.

The whirlwind skill is pretty reliable for triggering the behavior. I can find a room with a healthstone, drag a bunch of monsters to it, whilrwind one of them and knock a few points off the healthstone in the process. Once the monsters are dead, the skeleton goes after the healthstone.

Arlow
03-10-2010, 04:00 PM
I can cause my demons in my warlock char to destroy healthstones, chests, everything targetable if i cast a blight putting a litte dot on them. For the second time now after a frenzied battle, one of them attacked me - i summon new or port to town to stop the misbehaving :)

Shadow
03-10-2010, 04:51 PM
The attacking objects thing should be fixed in version 0.909.