PDA

View Full Version : Fast/slow pace toggle?

Higgs
03-07-2010, 12:02 PM
First, I'm a first time poster and software designer, and wanted to give the team huge kudos for a fun game and impressively responsive development team!

This is a minor note, but I believe the slow/fast pace setting should be a toggle rather than a multiselect? Slow/normal (default)/fast? At least on a mac it looks like a game can be both slow and fast if a player checks both boxes? Easy fix- just switch to a dropdown.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Higgs

Archon
03-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Welcome to the forums Higgs. :)

Shadow
03-09-2010, 10:53 AM
It does make more sense as a toggle assuming I add in the normal option in also. Check boxes are just easier to add. :) I might go back and change it eventually though.

Higgs
03-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks Archon!

@shadow: Sounds great- honestly, I couldn't figure out what checking both slow and fast would do... maybe cancel each other out? ;)

Keep up the great work- i can't imagine how you keep up with this many forums and actually get any coding done!

Cadfan
03-14-2010, 04:29 AM
Personally, I'm not sure that "fast paced" is very fast. Anyone else playing on it? I really like the idea of turning up the pace of the game as a way of creating difficulty, but I don't feel like its very increased. Is it glitched?

Eisenfaust86
03-17-2010, 09:48 PM
I think that this may very well be a much needed option for the game and for catering it to player needs. At least personally, I find the slower pace quite gratifying when setting the starting monster level higher than the level of my character. Think the /playersX game command from Diablo II and it's pretty much the same idea, aside from the adjustments to quest paces and world events. ;)