PDA

View Full Version : Few Observations after .909

L337GTIMKV
03-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Game is coming along real nice.. I look forward to the final product. (Let's get itemization done though please..) I have noticed a few things tonight though:

1) Liches can once again raise the dead through walls, and can do so farrrrr too fast. What happened? It was fixed before.. O.o

2) I have a leather helmet with a 3.3% chance to cast frost nova level 2.. In two FULL towns, it has never gone off.. I think some armor slots can't proc correctly.. I do have several other procs that are working, it's just this one that doesn't I think..

3) Ice Golems have a ice ranged attack that is homing.. (Same as DoP..) No other mob I've seen has an attack that tracks the player.

4) I could swear I had a Dark Elf mage cast blizzard on me through a wall but could be mistaken.

5) Jewelry still doesn't drop off mobs nearly enough.. (and is almost always "common"..)

6) Is it possible to ensure that the special rooms that have armories etc drop items that are at least "green"? all too often the items are all grey.. Kinda defeats the point IMO.

7) Bonus chest after beating a town needs to drop at least rares, but maybe drop 1 or 2 less items to compensate?

That's all I got for now.. =P

viper34j
03-11-2010, 11:56 AM
1) Liches can once again raise the dead through walls, and can do so farrrrr too fast. What happened? It was fixed before.. O.o

I've noticed the liches raising through the walls since at least 9.08, I just didn't get around to reporting it. It is still an issue in 9.09 for sure.

5) Jewelry still doesn't drop off mobs nearly enough.. (and is almost always "common"..)

I kinda like jewelry being very rare. I consider them to be a bonus slot.

6) Is it possible to ensure that the special rooms that have armories etc drop items that are at least "green"? all too often the items are all grey.. Kinda defeats the point IMO.

I agree with this, armor/weapon racks need to have their drop rarity chance increased.

7) Bonus chest after beating a town needs to drop at least rares, but maybe drop 1 or 2 less items to compensate?

Heck yes! All too often I open the bonus chest and get sprayed with greens. Should 10 greens really drop when I took a 100% magic find potion?

Valgor
03-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Since 0.908, patches of ice and puddles of oil are no longer slippery, i.e. they don't give the Slippery Surface debuff as you step on them.

FloodSpectre
03-11-2010, 01:59 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with points 5 through 7 made above. I'd also like to see the quests which have an item reward to drop items your character can actually use, just like reputation rewards do now. I've had a weaponsmith reward my rogue or archer with a warhammer a few times now.

I also had another random idea earlier. Why not give leprechauns the same speed boosting ability that zombies have, but use it to escape after stealing your money instead? As it is, their ability to escape after theft is rather lacking.