PDA

View Full Version : Toolbar requests (if not for DC, perhaps DC2)

wynams
03-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Shadow,

You rock! Loving your game but wanted to chime in here (late to beta)

I notice from most every preview screenshot and my limited play thus far that the toolbar has like 1 or 2 binds ... attack and maybe you put healie pots and food up ... leaving a lot of unused key binds (3-0).

Could we get a toolbar resize option? Or a simple (4 button)/normal (10 button) toggle? A toggle on the pewter toolbar bookends would be nice as well for minimalists.

Could we get buttons for:
1) Food - Auto eats the best/worst (config) food in your inventory?
2) Water - as above
3) Health - consume the best/worst (config) health potion in your inventory
4) Mana - as 3 above
5) Random Pot - Drink a random (non-heal, non-mana) pot from your inventory

Usually just in doing the first town, my inventory over-runneth with one-off potions of functional (yet forgotten) potions. A mashable button 5 would help keep our packs a bit lighter!

As I mentioned, realize you probably have already had these or similar requests, and I am very late to the beta party.

Cheers!

Aganazer
03-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Could we get buttons for:
1) Food - Auto eats the best/worst (config) food in your inventory?
2) Water - as above
3) Health - consume the best/worst (config) health potion in your inventory
4) Mana - as 3 above
5) Random Pot - Drink a random (non-heal, non-mana) pot from your inventory

If there was a "Bestest Idea of the Day" award, you would have just won it. :D

I would definitely use buttons that do that. Its also a practical request that probably wouldn't require an extreme number of hours to implement.

Even if there was just a number slot for "last consumable picked up", it would be cool. Most of the time I don't even pick up random pots because I couldn't be bothered to stop, open my inventory, find the pot, then consume it. That is one thing I loved about Kivi's. Whatever you picked up was just one click away from being used.

FloodSpectre
03-11-2010, 07:02 PM
My toolbar is pretty full when I play a rogue, but that's just how I like to play. One special attack, two conditional attacks, stealth, caltrops, smoke screen, a concentration skill, pick locks, heal pot and food.

I do agree with the additional hot keys idea though. I like keeping healing pots off my toolbar.

Gorgarax
03-12-2010, 01:40 AM
Agreed. While I wouldn't use it out of personal preference, a hotkey for food, drink, or potions would come in handy.