PDA

View Full Version : Healer Hate

Lyranaar
03-11-2010, 04:47 PM
One thing that I feel gets more and more visible with increasing level/difficulty:
The enemies tend to target a healer in Multiplayer quite a lot.
That means the healer has basically to function as tank, even if he rather tries to mix in some other class. Mostly the monsters ignore the fighter/caster and run straight for the healer after the first heal. It is really hard then to draw them away any other way than killing them.

While it certainly is smart to kill the healer first I don't feel that makes playing healer in Multiplayer much fun.
Perhaps the hate could be some less or more monster types could be "stupified" so they don't get it - and don't notice at once who is healing the guy they are attacking.

viper34j
03-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Maybe have your friend take the Enrage ability from the Gladiator tree? Area of effect taunting would be very helpful in this situation.

Cadfan
03-11-2010, 05:08 PM
It would be neat to have monsters that vary a little in tactical acumen.

Lyranaar
03-11-2010, 05:09 PM
viper34j:
That might be possible, but I rather would like to be free to choose some other builds as well. :)
Didn't try it yet if that works btw., but considered when rolling the character.

Shadow
03-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Monsters do gain some amount of hate when someone is healed. I'll go and look at how well it is balanced.

timeh
03-12-2010, 12:03 PM
As far as I can tell it's working fine... if no one has hurt a monster it will agro on the healer when they heal