PDA

View Full Version : Simple UI improvement for "Summoners"

Worthstream
03-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi, i'm currently enjoying Din's Curse with nearly a dozen different classes/hybrids.

All of the classes are fairly balanced, but the "Conjurer with a lot of pets" does have some usability problems.

One of those was fixed in the last patch (walking through pets, nice! :) ).
After seeing in the changelog that this type of build is getting some love, i picked it up again, and leveled the various summoning skills until another problem did show up. Fortunately it's a only an UI change, so at least the fix won't alter balance.

When you have a lot of different type of pets in becomes difficult to keep track of which ones are alive, and which others need to be resummoned.
This could be greatly improved if the pet's health in the sidebar could be sorted in some way.
If for example the skeletons are always on the top of the list, followed by the bowman, followed by the demons, it would be quick to count them and know at a glance how many re-summons of every type you need to cast.

TL;DR: Sort the pets in the sidebar by type = Summoners happy.

P.S. Thanks for the great work on this game! :)

Arlow
03-12-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm curious what level you have the skill points to have such a variety of pets, or do you have low lvl pets of all kinds. I'd love to have an army of minions >:) I was planning on keeping skree maxed and taking raise dead someday. So far though my char only has 4 pets and the UI hasn't been a factor.

ShaggyMoose
03-12-2010, 06:08 PM
When you have a lot of different type of pets in becomes difficult to keep track of which ones are alive, and which others need to be resummoned.
This could be greatly improved if the pet's health in the sidebar could be sorted in some way.
If for example the skeletons are always on the top of the list, followed by the bowman, followed by the demons, it would be quick to count them and know at a glance how many re-summons of every type you need to cast.
DoP did something similar with your covenant members. Maybe this could be modified for this purpose? It would certainly be useful.

Arlow
03-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Took the raise dead, and love the spell, but my demons are killing the raise'd about half of the time, have you had this problem?

Shadow
03-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Took the raise dead, and love the spell, but my demons are killing the raise'd about half of the time, have you had this problem?

I think this problem will be fixed in version 0.910.

Arlow
03-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Nice, I'll look forward to that

was just playing and thought of this thread when none of my summons were champs or elite, what about the pets being our level but the points into the skill being expensive and turning them into champs, then, next level elites, then removing the summoned atack time penalty.. dunno, just thinking. Honestly I'm happy as it is atm, haven't had this much fun playing a game in a very long time

back to the battle

Arlow
03-12-2010, 08:05 PM
oops i was thinking about another thread, but uh.. ya, back to the game