PDA

View Full Version : Liquids Bug

Gorgarax
03-13-2010, 02:06 AM
I'm playing version .909 on a mac, and I've noticed with the new patch that stepping on liquids doesn't trigger their effects. Oil doesn't apply the slippery surface debuff, lava doesn't set me on fire, and acid doesn't do anything.

Folks, I think we've found a liquids bug

UPDATE: Upon further play, lava appears to work, but acid and oil are still just pretty looking puddles.

TheRani
03-13-2010, 03:45 AM
I'm playing version .909 on a mac, and I've noticed with the new patch that stepping on liquids doesn't trigger their effects. Oil doesn't apply the slippery surface debuff, lava doesn't set me on fire, and acid doesn't do anything.

Folks, I think we've found a liquids bug

UPDATE: Upon further play, lava appears to work, but acid and oil are still just pretty looking puddles.

I've noticed that on .909 for Windows as well.

Valgor
03-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Actually, this bug's been in since 0.908 ...
I think I already reported it, but I never noticed acid not working as well (thought it was just oil and ice).

FloodSpectre
03-13-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm pretty sure acid isn't working. I'm on an acidic world currently and haven't noticed any effects when I pass over it. I also don't recall slowing down on alcohol spills. I can't confirm the other liquid types, however.

Shadow
03-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Yeah, Valgor reported this the other day. It will be fixed in version 0.910.